I'm still confused

Krazay

I don't quite get it. So you do a full body workout 3 times a week. cycling 15reps one week 10 the next then 5 the next. And back to 15. And your supposed to do LOW intensity? Should i be sore at all the next day? should i be stuggling to do the last couple reps? someone help me out with this.

"I don't quite get it. So you do a full body workout 3 times a week."
So good so far

"cycling 15reps one week 10 the next then 5 the next. "
2 weeks each rep scheme, 15 reps 2 weeks, 10 reps 2 weeks, 5 reps 2 weeks

"And back to 15."
You should do another 2 weeks of post 5's for ultimate growth, either negatives or your 5RM then take 2 weeks off completely

"And your supposed to do LOW intensity?"
Not necessarily low intensity but low volume

" Should i be sore at all the next day?"
You might be but you will quickly get over it

" should i be sturggling to do the last couple reps?"
Only on the last work out of each rep scheme. Start the 2 weeks of 15's, 10's, and 5's light and add weight till the last workout.

" someone help me out with this."
Does that help?

sure does thanks! sounds alot different than what most people say, lift hard, heavy and get that last rep in. I'll give it a try.

Check out the FAQ's - they are a good read for anyone whether they be an HST novice or someone who has a lot of experience.

Krazay

Colby's right, you need to read the basics of HST to understand fully how it works.

You may get somewhat confused reading the more technical threads where people are tweaking the existing basic training to suit each personal need.

Our normal suggestion for newbies is to try out the vanilla method, use mostly compounds and maybe one or two isolation exercises as a metabolic enhancer when reaching the 5's and beyond.

Standard HST:

15/10/5/negatives or more 5's - 2 weeks each

sets:

15 - 1
10 - 2
5 and beyond 3 first week/2 second week

SD - standard 1 week (9 days - off friday start following monday), it may be necessary for more conditioned athletes to go for longer SD's 16 - 21 days.

Those are the very basic, basics.
laugh.gif
thumbs-up.gif

gotcha i'm doing alot of reading on this about all those mgf cells calling satellite cells that only last 24-36 hours. Does that mean its easily possible to do this workout every 36 hours and have it work more effeciant? :) but anyways your saying i do 1 set for the 15's 2 sets for 10's then 3 for 5's. ok well here i'll just write out my last workout and plan.

Monday- I was real confused so i did a full body workout 1 set 10 reps of each exercise to failure. I was real sore until Thursday so i read up from mon to thur and now i'm feeling alot mroe confident about this.

Thursday-
squat 15reps x 115lbs
Stiff leg deads 15 x 30 on the smith machine
slight incline bench 15 x 105
slight incline bench 15 x 105
Rows 15 x 60
shoulder press 15 x 20lb dumbells
lat raise 15 x 5lb db's
rear deltfly 15 x 5's machine
Db curls 15 x 10's
Db curls 15 x 10's
Skull crusher 15 x 10's
Skull crusher 15 x 10's
Calf Raise 15 x 30
Calf Raise 15 x 30
Ab crunches on a bench 15 reps
Ab crunches on a bench 15 reps
Shrugs 15 x 20's
Neck 15 x each side
15 x front
15 x back

I do this workout in about 50minutes

I've been weightlifting for a year going on a year and a half but i always trained till failure with mediocre nutrition so i only went up 50lbs on my bench the whole time. and maybe doubled my curls and shoulder press. ( i'm 17 ok.)

So that was thurs. on Sat. im going to add 5lbs to each exercise including neck and abs, and still do 15 reps.

Mon i'll add 5 lbs. Weds I'll add 5. Fri I'll add 5lbs and by this time i should have reached my 15 rep max so ill go until failure.

5 workouts of 15 reps then. The following monday i'll start 25 lbs below my 10 rep max adn work my way up in 6 workouts. Then 5's etc etc. All this will be combined with proper nutrition i started 5 days ago.

I attached my diet and details for any who gives a #### about someone with some goals.

Hey :)

I just read the file you uploaded.

Pretty detailed. I confess, I didn't read all the details. Here's what you need to know about it:
1) Calories - consume 18x your bodyweight.
2) Protein - no need to consume a truckload. 0.7-1.5g per KG is sufficent. That's around 1g per pound. Use your lean bod weight, not your total bodyweight that also counts fat.
3.) Fat - preferrably good fats.. Around 30% of your calories should be fat
4.) Carbs - the rest of your calories should be carbs. This can be as high as 55%. 45-55% is probably a good bet.

You are eating 3,446 calories. That's a little too much. You'll be gaining a lot of fat that way. I think you said you wanted to bulk up as lean as possible, and I have to say that's not the way to do it. Of course, if you have a lot of other activities aside from lifting (like extreme sports), then you probably need the extra calories.

Regards, hope that helps,
-JV

ok so i took away 4oz of chicken, 1/4 of brown rice and 3 eggs whites which gives me:

about 245g of protein, 410g carbs, 73 fat which give me about 3050 calories and 18x 162lbs is 2916 calories, what you reccomended.

728g total, 410 of it being carbs sounds about 55-60% of my diet is carbs then. Is this a good figure?

my lean bodyweight is aprox 142.. alotho it feels like more :D

I want maybe %20-30 of my total gained mass to be fat if it helps speed up gaining. if not ok lets try to make it %10 so i'll have less cutting to do later.

peace

Back