What I like about HST

ChrisHouston

1. It's free
Information should be free. Real scientists don't sell their findings, they submit it for peer review. I'm always suspicious of books (e- or paper), websites, or people who claim that you'll "never find a better workout routine than this one right here!" Problem is, as soon as they have their own little publishing and personal training empire they'll spend all their energy defending their methods rather than scrutinising them.

2. It makes sense
Not that it's entirely neccessary for a program to make sense, but it's nice that HST does.

3. It works
I think a lot of critics think dismiss HST because it doesn't feel like you're working as hard. But the results speak louder than any feeling of exhaustion.

4. The workouts have variety
You don't have to kill yourself every workout. I always find the first day of 5s really easy. But when you do go all out, you'll have a weekend to recover, and Monday will be easy again.

5. You know what you'll be doing
I like that I know what I'll be doing today, tomorrow, next week, next month.

6. It has good message boards
Helpful posters with good advice and generally not too much ego. A minimum of trash-talking, unlike most other BB boards I've visited. You guys rock.

I agree with #6 whole-heartedly. I love these B-boards, as the people here seem alot more well informed and helpful. I hate boards that are full of arrogant people that just like to throw around their opinions, with out even helping the person with their original post/question. 90% of the time, these same people will post a pic of themselves, and I amazed at how confident they are that they know all of the answers when they look like a 150 lb hardgainer that's taking weight training as a high school elective.

On this topic, thanks Jvroig for some of the most helpful info ever on nutrition. You are the man. Thanks partly to you I have cut my bodyfat by almost a percent in 2 weeks, and I actually feel like I am gaining LBM! (This is not such an easy feat when you start off at about 11% bf!)

Back