HST tweeking thread

Fausto

HST Expert
Jules

Most of the thread was commanded by you, there was input from a variety of people all excellent stuff, however there is a lot of "straw" one could get rid of.

In other words purify the stuff into an e-book, it would do all of us at HST one hell of a service.
butbut.gif

Are you up for it :confused:

If only I had the time, I'd do it. But Seriously I don't.

I'm kinda thinking about cleaning up the "main" posts on there, cleaning up the grammar and explanations. Or providing a link-ish "Index" to locate what you want quickly.

But it seems a bit vain, I guess; besides, I'm lazy. :D

cheers,
Jules

Not at all Vicious, not at all :)

That is exactly what we would like at HST, but obviously something klike that could cause a bit or work, to say the least.
sad.gif

On the other hand, you could call it Biochemical Principles of Muscle Hypertrophy and it would be a useful tool for those of us who want to know more, it is thouroughly researched and an obviously effective read.
wow.gif

Think about it, all you need is to take out the "trash" and you'll have a clean very objective booklet.

Just my way of trying to put "some wind onto your sails"
happy.gif

Go for it pal!

Good idea, Fausto. And not just for Jules and his customizing thread, but for this entire site. There is SO much quality information just lying around here. There's the FAQ, all of Bryan's articles, DKM's glossary of uncommon terms and his recipe thread, the muscle growth flowchart (which is so over my head I know better than to try and understand it), 2 simple HST overviews by Calkid and Ectosquat, and much much more. I was actually thinking about this idea the other day. I realized that there's so much good info and well written and researched stuff on this site that I could "write" a pretty good book on HST... without having to actually write a single word, just copy and paste!

Just think, instead of telling newbies to read the FAQ, we could tell them to read the 1000 page long HST compilation e-book
tounge.gif

Oh my God. I just tried to put the first 3 pages into a Word document. Even clearing out the discussion-oriented stuff, it still came out to 44 pages. It's bigger than the Cycle for Pennies document on my laptop!

I'm putting something together right now. The first pages and a half of the thread are a headache. Did some rewriting of that. Yikes.

44 pages?!?

cheers,
Jules

Natch. The whole thread (sans discussion) only turns out to be 57 pages. Maybe I should tack on Vince Basile's DOMS manifesto at the end! ;) :D

I can see where I'll want to add some extra material in order to smoothen out the transitions.

Ebook coming out soon. Anybody have a site where I can dump this file? :D

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ May 20 2005,4:38)]Maybe I should tack on Vince Basile's DOMS manifesto at the end!  ;)  :D
Jules, please please pretty please don't
butbut.gif

Here, I did a summary for you Jules:

Do HST.
During 5's add loaded stretches, pulsed stretches, static holds, pulsed contractions, burn/drop sets, yadda yadda yadda and the kitchen sink.
Eat.
Grow hyuuuuuge!
thumbs-up.gif

Now, how hard was that?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jules, please please pretty please don't

In the beginning (DOMS), man has (DOMS) sought to get bigger by lifting heavy (DOMS) things whilst the women (DOMS)folk tended to the clan . . .

What is bodybuilding? (DOMS) What is growth? (DOMS) What causes growth? (DOMS) Nobody knows . . .

What is growth? What (DOMS) causes bodybuilding? What (DOMS) is the cause of (DOMS) growth? Nobody (DOMS) knows . . .

What (DOMS) is this building (DOMS) of the body? What is the growth of the cause? Growth (DOMS) is w(DOMS)hat? Nobody knows . . .

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now, how hard was that?

tounge.gif

cheers,
Jules

I posted a Word document with everything decently formatted over in Customizing. It even has a table of contents. (I should have been paid for that part. Bloody hell
sneaky2.gif
)

It's mostly the same as the contents in the thread. I added some text here and there to smooth over transitions. There is an extra table of stretches.

If anybody would like to convert it to PDF or E-book, please help a brotha out!

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ May 20 2005,11:05)](I should have been paid for that part. Bloody hell
sneaky2.gif
)
And you shall be, with our warmest grattitude and thanks.
Oh, you mean cash
laugh.gif

Actually dkm was gracious enough to convert the silly thing into a proper PDF.  It's got the table of contents on the left side, so navigation is really easy.  And the tables actually look right in this format.  *sniff*  It's beautiful.  

I love you Dan.  If I ever realize my dream of becoming a ghost writer for Flex Magazine, I want you to PDF my piece on Jay Cutler's bicep triple-peak routine!  :D  You will always be my one and only pimp.  
tounge.gif

cheers,
Jules

p.s. Is it feasible to attach the PDF in the post? It's almost half a meg, which would be above the limit I can use.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ May 20 2005,11:05)]I posted a Word document with everything decently formatted over in Customizing.
So where did you hide it, because I'm not finding it
crazy.gif

You are most welcome Jules. You 've put some hard work into this and it deserves to look professional.

BTW, I am impressed it looks really good, great JOB Jules
worship.gif

I just wish it wasn't so large so we could post it on the site.

If anyone wants a copy email vicious, or me.

Dood: The Customization thread has been moved/copied to the General Training section. That will be its new home. (Though it would be funny if we deleted it in the HST section and see the board reaction.
tounge.gif
) The Word file is over there. That's the free version. If you pay me $59.99 (preferably in Banghok denominations), I can send you a copy complete with the Best of Vince, bound in leather, with a cover of a weightlifter in some obvious pain. I'd say it's a bargain for the 500 pages that you'll get. :D

The PDF is only available through e-mail. I think the PDF looks nicer (particularly the tables), and it's easier to read onscreen due to the bookmark setup.

Got it, zip file worked
thumbs-up.gif

The check is in the mail
laugh.gif

Great work Jules, and Dan!!
And of course The Bryan, for making it all possible
worship.gif

Awesome stuff!

Do you mind if I send this to a few people or should I refer them to the site to download it instead?

Back