Thoughts from middle of 1st HST cycle

Rain

I do the 15-12-10-8-5-5-5-5 variation, and am in the middle of my 8's right now. Maybe my experiences can be interesting for other people relatively new to HST.

Some reflections so far:

- More energetic between workouts compared to my prior every-muscle-once-a-week-routine.
- Tighter/harder muscles, more pumped look.
- Have gained about 3-4 lbs of weight.
- 15's and 12's was hard work, but felt good. I will most likely continue doing them, one way or the other. My old routine made me feel totally drained sometimes.
- Have a feeling I probably still do to much volume - about 3 sets per muscle group (2 compound, 1 isolation).

Comments welcome!

Regards,
/ R

Great feedback Rain.
thumbs-up.gif
Keep us up to date as your cycle progresses.

OK, so now I'm in the 12's of my 2nd cycle. Had to cut my first cycle somewhat short and go into the twilight zone also known as Strategic Deconditioning (12 days) just before negatives, due to strange work hours. After that I just started over. So - what has happened, and what have I learned, if anything?

- The weight I added during 1st cycle is still there - up 4 lbs so far.

- Lowered my 15's starting weight, and the progressing increments are now a little bit bigger.

- Still energetic between workouts as well as looking better, more dense and pumped.

- I made some changes related to intensity. Felt I was coming to close to failure, even in the lighter part, so I'm not taking the second set of a particular exercise as far (repwise) as I did in the 1st cycle. Feels good so far. 1st set is still all out, though.

- I also have cut down on the iso's when in the heavier part of the cycle (especially 5's and negs), my intention is now to do iso's once a week instead of 3 times as before. We'll see how it works out. In the lighter parts, the scheme is still 2 compounds, 1 iso.

- Looking forward to the negatives. Hopefully I'll get to do them this time.  :)

- Eating cashews, to get some more calories and good fats, as recommended by O&G.

Regards,
/ R

Rain

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I made some changes related to intensity. Felt I was coming to close to failure, even in the lighter part, so I'm not taking the second set of a particular exercise as far (repwise) as I did in the 1st cycle.

You're starting to go by feel and listening to tyour body and using reason/logic, way to go! ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I also have cut down on the iso's when in the heavier part of the cycle (especially 5's and negs), my intention is now to do iso's once a week instead of 3 times as before.

Similar to what I want to do, so I'll post my rumblings too when I re-start, right now I went into SD (oblivion)

boooohooo, sniff, sniff
sad.gif

Back