questions for starting new HST program

pwrhngry

Hey guys, I have been lifting for about 18-20 months now consistently and RELIGIOUSLY, I never skip one, and have recently discovered the HST "philosophy". It sounds pretty good to me and I am intending on starting it after the strength cycle Im currently on, or maybe just stopping what Im on and switching over, cause its really not "doing it" for me.
 I just wanted yall to give me some feedback on my plans for exercise selection, and some guidance on max testing. OK, first off here's what I have planned for exercises:
SQUATS
DEADLIFT
FLATBENCH
WEIGHTED DIPS (I LOVE THESE)
BENT OVER ROWS (ANOTHER FAV.)
STANDING MILITARY
BARBELL CURLS
SKULLCRUSHERS
 As you can see, Im a firm believer in the big "money makers". I threw a couple of arm isolations in there, probably from watching too much "incredible hulk" as a kid (lol). How's it look for a base layout?
 On to my questions: As far as max testing, do I do it all in one day or each rep range on its own day? Also I could use a few pointers on exactly how yall go about testing each max, you know, how to work up but not wear out. I hate sounding like a total noob here but I understand accuracy of maxes is pretty pivotal to the whole concept here and I just want to be sure and start off right.
 Last, should I alternate squats and deads, if I do them both on the same w/o each time, thats a big expenditure and I dont want to sacrifice intensity on the other stuff blasting myself with the 2 big guys up front.
 I guess Ill take the leap and include a pic to show where I am now before HST, try not to wet yourselves laughing (lol).
 Thanks yall.

do maxes like this mon 15s,wed 10s,fri 5s...start back training a week on monday 9days sd....instead of flat bench try incline either db or bb ..your allready working lower and mid chest with dips..as far as testing each max just do all your workout say 2sets if you do the first set easy add a little weight if you just make say 15 then thats your max..for 15s then same with 10s and 5s...
you can also change maxes as you go along.
say your squats go like this 75.80.85.90.95.100.
but when you get to 95 its to easy instead of doing 100.do.105 then thats your max for your next cycle...i allways leave a space on my training diary to add new maxes for the next cycle ...good luck :D

Hey guys another question: Yall recommend 2 sets on 15s, then 3 on 10s, but then on 5s still 3? That cuts volume down to nonexistent. It seems like that would violate the progression since its going from 30 reps per exercise down to 15. Should I bump 5s up to 5 or 6 sets?
Also I assume that for the 15s and the 10s yall use 1min rests, then go to 2 min at the 5s? Also, I work out alone ,at home so negatives are'bt really a viable option, should I just bump the weight up and go to 3s?
Thanks yall, I appreciate you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pwrhngry @ Sep. 11 2005,3:33)]Hey guys another question: Yall recommend 2 sets on 15s, then 3 on 10s, but then on 5s still 3? That cuts volume down to nonexistent. It seems like that would violate the progression since its going from 30 reps per exercise down to 15. Should I bump 5s up to 5 or 6 sets?
 Also I assume that for the 15s and the 10s yall use 1min rests, then go to 2 min at the 5s? Also, I work out alone ,at home so negatives are'bt really a viable option, should I just bump the weight up and go to 3s?
 Thanks yall, I appreciate you.
2 sets 15s
2 sets 10s
3sets 5s..volume goes down but weight goes up...
after two weeks of 5s if you cant do negs like me just do one set of 5s with a metabolic set and try and up your weight a little..but if you cant dont worry you will still be getting benifit from your max weight vfor a few weeks. :D

Back