The Look

Right now I'm 156 at 10% bodyfat, and the goal is to get to 170 at 5-6% bodyfat. Depending on how muscular I am when I'm there, I might go for longer. But I can't see being more than 180.

I think that's just right -- definitely noticeable, but not even near freakish.

-Calkid

Calkid
I think most of us would try for a body that looks nice, muscular and lean, freaky...well...maybe some of us, but I doubt that even Blade, who is a pro bb'er would go for that ugly look that is so in fashion now amongs the bb'ers of the world, specially the new crowd, Arnold however looked very proportional if you ask me, big, yes but overall proportional, unlike some of the guys of today that make a gorilla look good, I think that the BB competition world has lost that beauty it used to have before.
Mind you some guys still look very good, but generally it is not about proportion anymore, it is about how much mass you can pack on, and that my friend looks dang ugly.
This is my honest opinion, I believe that even the guys that are juicing and using HST, most of them at least, do it to get there faster, not to get just big and ugly!!!!
My honest opinion...Bryan your opinion would be nice seeing that you were at the Olympia this last time, how did you find it?
Fausto
thumbs-up.gif

I would like to be about 180-185 at 8-10% bodyfat. Since I am 5'6" this would make me quite big for my height. I am already 180 at 15% bodyfat. However I would like to increase my upperbody size since, I have been called Tom Jr.

Bruce Lee...not before he died though because he lost abit of muscle. In the mid to late 60s he looked better. I love his symmetry but maybe a bit bigger.

Keebler, I have to agree that Bruce Lee had an awesome physique. However, I have a metabolism that keeps me much more towards the endomorph end of the scale, so I don't think that I'm ever gonna have that look... or can I?
I'd be happy with the faintest show of a 6-pack! :)
Philboy

I think Vin Diesel in XXX looks the way I'd like to look like. Actually, I'd just need bigger arms and delts and I could be his (a bit more handsome) twin brother :D

Funny thing was, that when I left the movie theather after seeing the XXX, I noticed many people glancing at me and smiling :) (I didn't have that fur coat, though...)

Blade, are you a pro bodybuilder? i didnot know that!!
Fausto are you sure?
I WANT PICTURES!!!

by the way, long time no read: Blade, how are you doing man!?

bye
andré

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve McDermott @ Oct. 28 2002,10:13)]I wonder what Reeve's stats were in that pic. That's about what I am working towards.
Steve

I'll try to find out. I'm sure Casey at weightrainer knows.

The thing with Reeves is that he had great genetics. He has (or had..) a very thin waist line and a very large torax. Casey said once in a post that it wasn't uncommon for old timers to have 47 inch chests, which is very good, in my opinion.

I don't believe there is an ideal body for any body. It is an elusive bench mark that raises as you climb higher. I admire those who can say "enough."

cheers,
Jules

You bring up a good point Jules. I don't actually know if I would be completely satisfied if I looked like that pic. I'm not there (yet). There's always one more pound to gain or a little more fat to lose etc. No matter the final result, the journey has been and continues to be enjoyable.

Steve

Hi everyone.
I found some stats on Steve Reeves on "the unofficial Steve Reeves page" along with this picture:
Vital Statistics
Born - January 21, 1926
Birthplace - Glasgow, Montana
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 215
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Blue
Neck - 18 1/4"
Chest - 52"
Waist - 29"
Hips - 38"
Biceps - 18 1/4"
Forearm - 14 3/4"
Wrist - 7 1/4"
Thighs - 26"
Calf - 18 1/4"

There's a transition in goals where bodybuilding as "chic magnet" (Calkid, me, everybody under 19 :) ) becomes bodybuilding as Zen-like passion (Blade.) The farther you travel, the more you are your own ideal.

That said, I'd start with Bruce Lee, add Arnold's arms, Steve's v-proportion, and Frank's ab section. :)

cheers,
Jules

hi,
good point vicious with the transition of goals. if you do your workouts for the sheer joy of working out, it takes you to a whole new level.
i have set my sights at 225p, 8-10%bf.

good luck for achieving your goals, folks
thumbs-up.gif

actually none fo the above :)

I want that super lean as in bodyfat, explosive power athlete look but still with sizeable mass. Some of the NFL players come close to what I'd like. I'm already way on the way as far as mass goes, just need the strength and power to get up there :)

Sprinter with more size is about the closest to my ideals

Amazing my legs and hips are bigger than Steeve Reeves at 5'9"
wow.gif

Yeah I have big glutes
happy.gif

uhhh:

give me
the neck of Jeff King,
shoulder width and Delt Size of Paul Dillett,
traps of Nasser El Sonbaty,
side,rear and front delt shape of Frank Zane,
biceps ( including peak ) of Arnold Schwarzenegger,
triceps of Sergio Oliva,
forearms of Gunnar Rosbo,
Pecs ( including height) of Arnold Schwarzenegger,
serratus of Frank Zane
waistsize of Serge Nubret
abs and obliques of Frank Zane
V Shape of Sergio Oliva
lower back and glutes of Ahmet Aykutlug
Upper Back of Ronnie Coleman
hamstrings of Ahmet Aykutlug
quadriceps of Tom Platz
calves and tibialis of Tom Platz
overall size impact of Markus Ruhl
standing relaxed size impressiveness of Paul Dillett
standing relaxed shap and beauty of Serge Nubret

blending together into one symmetrical physique like Frank Zane,
but with more mass than Ruhl, and dryer than dry ( late Mohammed Benzaziza)

all natural of course ( just kidding)

Back