What creates the turtle belly look?

I'd agree that Coleman has great mass and conditioning all over EXCEPT for his midsection.....but BB'ing is about the total look right? The other thing is, in terms of muscle shape (genetic), his upper abs are horrible. He has that giant tendon that splits the top 2 or 4 of his 8-pack/6-pack. You wouldn't see a guy win the Olympia with no triceps or no upper chest....I just think that midsection is as important as overall mass.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ June 03 2005,1:10)]I'd agree that Coleman has great mass and conditioning all over EXCEPT for his midsection.....but BB'ing is about the total look right?
Well, in my opinion it should be about the total look, but I'm not an IFBB judge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The other thing is, in terms of muscle shape (genetic), his upper abs are horrible. He has that giant tendon that splits the top 2 or 4 of his 8-pack/6-pack. You wouldn't see a guy win the Olympia with no triceps or no upper chest....I just think that midsection is as important as overall mass.

You're preaching to the choir, bro. I was so dang happy when Dexter Jackson won the Arnold. He has a much more complete and balanced physique I think than the other contestants. I think people have been overlooking the midsection for two reasons. One, they've been putting too much emphasis on mass over other qualities. Two, I guess there's sort of a wink-wink attitude towards it as the result of the necessary hormone usage to hit that level of mass with such low bodyfat.

Personally I don't mind the use of any substance by anyone for the most part. I was disappointed for a long time though because I really thought the lack of emphasis on symmetry and proportion were hurting the sport overall. I'm hoping now for a trend towards more classic judging criteria, where you can get a guy like Frank Zane winning just because of great proportion and symmetry, even if his mass isn't off the scale.

Frank Zane is DA MAN! A professional bodybuilder today vs. Zane, for the most part, is like comparing a walrus to a jaguar. Where's the attractiveness? :confused: Well, on second thought, I guess even walruses are loved by someone!
happy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ June 03 2005,7:42)]Frank Zane is DA MAN!
Amen, Amen, Amen

His overall look, next to Steve Reeves is probably my favorite. Even at Zane's largest he still showed symmetry and proportion, as O&G he's the jaguar.

The arms overhead vacuum pose by Zane is his best one in my opinion. Looks best in black and white, that dry/grainy look shows thru.

Chris Dickerson had the big abs look (actual big abs, not distention) I reckon. Of all the Olympia winners, he is the one that stumps me the most....as in, how'd he do it?

The belly look is food in my opinion and nothing else! Why you ask, cause im 19 160lbs, 5'10" and have the biggest belly uve ever seen. Im really lean but i used to be a fat kid... My stomach gets huge after i eat, it could even be a small meal, but i guess from it being stretched so much its just big like that. Any solutions for this look by the way?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TylerDurden @ June 04 2005,8:10)]The belly look is food in my opinion and nothing else! Why you ask, cause im 19 160lbs, 5'10" and have the biggest belly uve ever seen. Im really lean but i used to be a fat kid... My stomach gets huge after i eat, it could even be a small meal, but i guess from it being stretched so much its just big like that. Any solutions for this look by the way?
All body builders eat big. The pros actually get paid by sponsors to do it. But, not all body builders have the turtle belly, because not allbody builders have used a lot of GH or IGF. When the cells in your intestines start proliferating along with your muscles, you'll see a true turtle belly.

What are the other supposed effects of GH use??

I heard a massive chin and bigger bone structure???

Is this true?

Tyler, you may have a 'food' belly but I will bet that it is not shredded.

Oh im shredded alright, I've been called the most ripped pregnant man anyone has ever seen! i dont know how to take that..... but can i shrink my stomach?

Back