Confused after the 5's

Gesar

sorry my english.. so this friday i'll finish my 2nd week of 5's..now what should I do after that? on the articles it says to continue with 5 maxes for 2 weeks..so that this means to:
repeat the current 2 weeks of 5's again or
use the max weight of my last workout of the 5's for 2 weeks?
thank ind advance
G

G,
You should do "negatives"  This is where you lift more weight than you can lift.  You will need a spotter for this.  Lift a weight you can only lift by yourself 2x.  But you will lift it 5x.  On the last 3 reps the spotter will help you lift it....You will be focusing on the ecentric motion.  The down motion.  Belive it or not the down motion is more important than the up motion.
Look up Negatives in the FAQ section....also called "negs".
Cheers
Bob
tounge.gif

ahhh but I will someone...sadly I dont have a partner now...what is the other option if I can't get a spotter?

TIA
G

ahhh but I will someone...sadly I dont have a partner now...what is the other option if I can't get a spotter?

TIA
G

Continue on with your 5RM
-progress where applicable
-negs can be performed on assisted machines w/o a partner
-drop sets
-static holds
-pulsing
-metabolic sets

You don't need a partner for dips and chins.

Also, if you are doing presses, you can push press the weight up and do neg's.

you can self spot on many lifts --dips, weighted chins, dumbell curls, calf raises,

and / or cluster -- just do 2 reps with more weight. But do 5 sets

:)

I don't have a spotter either, Gesar, but I'm still able to do negatives. I have found for me personally machines work well. For example, get a really heavy weight I can lift like 1-2 times with one arm/leg. And for the 3-4 extra reps, use both hands/legs to lift, one to lower. For me, negatives are actually when I grow the most... Some exercises like abs are more tricky. Usually I'll just do as much as I can for 3-5 reps.

ok thanks for your answers and i'm understanding more about 'negs' I think the FAQ is uses too advanced language... need some "plain english" explanation...or better "español sencillo" about negs..jajaja

thanks for all

Back