How to construct super effektiv workouts

M@x

Since I discovered the HST system I have developt a construction kit to create workouts. (ok it I have stolen it from the best web pages and books of the iron game , but ...)

Lower Body (defrancos style :D ) only 3 times a week (lower back !)
1) Compound Leg exercise Variation (Deadlift, Squat and their variations)
2) Unliteral Quad Exercise (Step up, Split Squat, Farmers walk,etc)( Emphasise the Vastus Medialis)
3) Posterior Chain (Romanian deadlift/ Leg curl / Stiff leged deadlift...)
4) Abs (always work heavy and change the exercise every week!)

Upper Body
1) Row / Chinups (do not start with Benching, you did this the last 3 years!)
2) Dips / Benchvariation
3) rear delt exercise (rear flyings....)
4) Shoulder prehabilitation (cuban press / rotation...)
5) Any exercise you want to do (weakness?)
6) Any exercise you want to do (fun exercise)

You do not have to do 5) and 6)

Mind to do less volume per exercise for legs, because of the many exercises!

Keep Changing the Exercises! At least after 3 cyles you have to change ! This is not about muscle confusion this is about injury prevention and developing some shape!

I think this template is ideal in combination with the hst variation (for those who like to lift heavy 3weeks of 5s 3weeks clustering ), because you only need to test your 5rm for a new exercise at the last day of the cycle!

greetings from germany!

ps. to save time supersets are probably a good idea!

M@x,

Looks fine although I don't see any reason to change your abs exercise every week.

For lowerbody, are you doing multiple deadlift and squat exercises? Deads and squats in the same day can be brutal.

-Colby

P.S. I posted a reply in the Customizing HST thread about 912 for you to reply.

No I only do a deadlift or Squat variation!

I only do 3 leg exercises per day!

I rotate ab exercise, because their are many angles from which the abs should be worked! Side bent, Russian twists, vaakum, Crunch (shoulder to hips) , Leg raise (hips to schoulder), Isometric work....
I think you can work your abs to failure every seasion because they recover realy fast!

I will try to answer your 912 question....

Why do you have to change exercises every 3 cycles? I don't see any reason for this. What do you mean "to develop shape?"

You seem to have omitted any kind of shoulder press movement, like military or something along those lines.

Anyway... if this works for you, then great. It's not really how I would do things though.

Upperbody day  Exercise 5) and 6) could  be some serious schoulder work!
According to my expiriance your schoulders will develop even without direct training! ( front and middle delt.. you have to do rear work!  )
develop shape = if you always work the same exercises (bench , chin , squat),  you wil  develop  imbalanced muscle mass. This leads to postural deficies, a increased chance of injury , lower strenght levels , limited flexibility and a lack of symmetrie (shape!)
keep those exercises changing !
Ps: If you do not want to do so much exercises you can only do 2)  3) and 4) for the lower body!

Back