HST Log

Why would you check your t-levels? You're young and there shouldn't be a problem.
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Aug. 02 2005,12:15)]by that logic, he would have no need to even go to the doctor for an annual checkup.
aight aight good point.. I just associated low t-levels with old age and obesity... should it be something I, a decently healthy 20 year old should ask the doc about?

well, I'm an engineer, and engineers think as: "measuring is knowing"...

so how can I say "t-levels will be ok" if I never let them measure?

Plus on the long term I would like to get them measured annually, and see how they progress (or rather decline) throughout the years... Might be interesting.

But it's true, I'm either old nor obese :)

5th workout of the 15s... Weights getting heavier (duh!), but all seems managable, doms is not present often, only very very mildly...

Blood results will be in tomorrow... Also tomorrow final workout of the 15s.

daxie

mmkay, finished last workout of the 15s...

Fitness closed early, so had to rush things a bit...

All worked out well, didn't have any prob with the maxes, they seemed to be all a bit on the low side... Hope this trend continues...

General thoughts on the 15s:
- 2 sets are definitely needed (for me)
- concentration and relatively low rep speed needed to get a good burn
- DOMS not very present, just a little bit
- if all done with short breaks (30s-45s) then it can be quite taxing, not only muscle wise, but mostly condition wise

On to the 10s, let the real work begin!

Nice log Daxie; I assume you went to failure on your 15's today? I generally can only do 1 set of 15's with a 30sec break and 40sec TUT; just starting my SD and extremely sore so next cycle definitely 2 weeks of 15s. my starting formula
for proper weights on 85% of exercises is 68% for my 15's and 85% for 10's of 5rep Max. Have a great weekend! :)

well, no, theoretically they should have been...

But they were not, due to 2 reasons:
1) I think they were a bit on the light side (which is a good thing :))
2) the general pace of exercise (time to lower, lift weight) (meaning TUT) was a bit higher, so tut was a bit lower, which made the weights seem a bit lighter, if I had had the time to do them like the others, failure would have been more likely, but I think not there...

Will see how weights evolve during the 10s

Yesterday finished first workout of the 10s... Doing 2 sets of 10s.

Save from some exercises, most of the times the weigth of the last wo of the 15s was used.

I thought it would be very light again, but it felt good and considering the drop in reps, still pretty hard. So it's looking good.

Workout completed in about 50 mins. Will report on DOMS next time.

Second workout of the thens, increase of weights again.

All worked out well, second set was getting harder...

Still not very DOMS... Maybe decrease rep speed a bit.

daxie

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daxie @ Aug. 11 2005,3:46)]Still not very DOMS... Maybe decrease rep speed a bit.
daxie
But it was only your 2nd day of 10's, so the weight was relatively light. In 10's, I didn't notice DOMS until the 2nd week. 5's seem to be a bit different as I can't wait to get back to the gym.

Back