Strength levels dropped

Skinnyfat

I've been doing HST for quite some time now. I'm still not very strong or big, the progression has been quite slow on most movements.

I have a problem that I haven't been able to do bench presses with the designated weights. I didn't add weight to any pressing exercises in this cycle, but I still wasn't able to complete the required reps in the heaviest sets. So my bps went down about 2.5 kg. I got some progression on my back movements, but that's about it for this cycle. I've been eating well and everything else should be in order. I've been repeating the 5s several times in hopes of getting my bench back on track.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to start an SD before I get my bench at least back to where it was. What do you suggest?

Hey :)

If it's not your diet (since in your other related thread you said it is in order already), I'd say it's probably rest.

Perhaps you aren't getting enough rest.

Rest doesn't just pertain to sleep. It also means controlling your daily stress levels. Stress, no matter where it comes from, affects your training because it affects your body. Perhaps you need to avoid causes of daily stress. But if it's unavoidable, like if it's your work, then you have to somehow find a way to manage that. Deal with it better, or get more time to relax.

That's my best guess. I know it's frustrating to have little or no progress, I'm sorry. Next time you SD, try to make it as relaxing as possible. Since you don't train, use the time you usually allot for training to relaxation.

Hope that helps. Good luck :)
-JV

Well I have had a stressfull summer, but I've had these problems before, when there was nothing to stress about. Stress could be making things worse, but I think there's also something else wrong. Someone recommended in the other thread, that I should have my blood checked. I'll do that, maybe there's something wrong there. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to take it more easy. Maybe that helps too :)

Yes, the blood check will be useful. You might have low T-levels.

You also mentioned feeling bloated all the time. That may mean you have allergies to something you commonly eat. Are you sure you are not lactose intolerant? Anyhoo, the doc will take care of that too, just tell him all the symptoms.

Regards,
-JV

Are you spending energy elsewhere?
like at work?
less sleep??
when do you work out? - different then usual?

what's changed?

Back