easing back into hst.

willie838

been here and gone for a little while, basically took a 2 year laziness break from the gym, got repulsively out of shape....

when i quit, i was havin some elbow problems and i just took that as an excuse to avoid working out-plus fell in love- and boy, having a steady girl can make you get SOFT and comfortable with yourself.

anywho.

so some personal stuff went down about 3 months ago, and i turned back to workin out to relieve the amount of stress that drives people to the top of clock towers to end lives in mass.

i eased back in using a standard HIT split, chest (no tris- don't want to aggravate elbows anymore), back/bis, shoulders, and left out leg weight work so that i could start doing cardio to shed the 25-30 lbs i slobbed on over the last 2 years.

after going hit style for a few weeks to take out soreness, i incorporated a standard hst protocol. full body split, but for a twist i retained an inverted pyramid weight scheme.

so i went with

pulldown (pullups once warmed up) 10, 8, 6
incline db bench press 10/8/6
seated row (or bent over barbell row) 10, 8 ,6
cable fly 10 8 6
shoulder press (db or smith machine) 10/8/6
shrugs 15 12 10
curls 10 8 6

increasing weight with each set.

i used this is a method to re-establish my strength which was really really low when i got back in. i also did not want the high amounts of cardio i was doing (3x/ week for 1.5-2.5 hours) to interfere with mass gains that i would be attempting to achieve during a normal hst set. I wanted to get my muscles reacquainted with a full body workout.

well the last 3 months have been my most explosive period of body change i think i've ever had.

190---> mid to high 160s (my healthy weight), i actually have abs now, my strength has shot up considerably- so much so that i'm handling weights heavier than i used to when i was at my previous "peak" physical fitness. Even with that large weight loss, i have size gains, no measurements but they're certainly noticeable as well....

i feel that i'm just starting to plateu in strength gains now and that it's time to set up a hst cycle (sans legs---
sad.gif
, i'm going for the more athletic style build, functional strength/size)

the movements will remain similar to the ones listed beforehand but will be in the basic 15/10/5 breakdown over 6 weeks....

just thought i'd let you guys know that this style of training could be good for beginners or for anyone else trying to get back into the gym before diving into a full on hst routine.

Back