Dropsets?

Brick

I've read alot of the posts all over this forum so hopefully this ? hasn't alredy been asked. When's the best time to incorparate dropsets during the 15's, 10's, 5's? Any help would be great, or a link if this has been asked before... I just am not sure where they would be the most beneficial..
THANKS

You generally only do dropsets during the 5s and the negatives if you do those. You should do a dropset as quickly as you can after your last set for a given exercise. In other words, no rest beyond what it takes to drop the weight to your 15 RM. The goal is to get the lactic acid burn and the pump associated with high reps. If you do more than one exercise for a given muscle group, you only need to do a dropset for the last exercise for the group.

so if you're doing dropsets are the 15s not necessary?

i don't really have any joint problems, and i'm young

(oh and my first cycle's 15s i didn't really feel much exhaustion)

The dropsets are unrelated to the 15s. However, many of us do dropsetsets at 15RM. Even if you're young, and/or you plan to do drops in your 5s and negs, do the 15s- they won't hurt you, and believe me, you'll feel them by the second week!
Jake

make the 15s hurt then. i know 15 reps with a lightweight can seem easy. point is to keep them really slow until you feel the burn settin in, then finish up the set gradually getting faster/closer to failure. if you aren't feeling anything- then you're doin something incorrectly i think.

Back