Kettlebells?

Mike M

Does anyone incorporate Kettlebells into their routine? Or, is this just another fitness fad? Currently, I'm looking to up my strength gains and, after doing a litttle research, Kettlebells seem to surface all over the internet: Pavel Tsatsouline's and Mike Mahler's names appearing most prominently. I kind of like the idea of Kettlebells because they seem hardcore and straight to the point.

Also, can anyone recommend how Kettlebells may be worked into HST if they indeed can be?
Thanks,
Mike

the Russians used kettlebells because they were poor and that's what was available. There is no reason to incorporate them if you have access to things like dumbbells and barbells.

If you are training for sport specific adaptations, kettle bells can be great for differing movements, that you can't get with dumbells or barbells.

If you have a variety of them in differing weights I don't see why you couldn't use them in your HST training either. JMHO.

Dan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Aug. 30 2005,2:28)]the Russians used kettlebells because they were poor and that's what was available.
Heh...how much you think will cost to manufacture dumbbells or barbells. The reason behind kettlebells is somewhere else. Probably the dislike of adopting western training styles. I`ve sometimes tried the giryu ball and it`s strange i say that :D It`s hard to handle but i you manage it properly you can incorporate it to your routine if you wish
thumbs-up.gif

Back