HST vs MAX-OT

Louno

I found this , some people refered me to this...
which one do you think is best ? ( especially for novice first time )
has anyone tried it ?

I have trained by Max-OT before and well I guess it's ok but isn't it mostly for strength? Low reps and many sets. If you want mass tho, HST is the way (in my opinion).

Sign up for and read the whole MaxOT program. Read everything about HST. You should be able to tell which one gives more scientific reasoning for doing what each program is designed to do.
In my opinion, the AST website is great. It is loaded with good information. However, the MAXOT program itself, is flawed. Under MaxOT, they stress that overload builds muscle. They even stress the importance of progressive overload. However, there comes a point where you can only lift so much wt. Then you are no longer progresively overloading the muscle, you are just overloading it. Your muscles adapt and you stop making gains.

For a beginning lifter, I would stay away from heavy, low-rep training for a while.

I would advise along the lines of HST, however staying in the 10-15 rep range for a 2-3 months to learn proper technique & acclimate the body. You will notice strength & size increases during this time.

After that, go thru HST as normal, moving to the heavier weights as prescribed.

My $.02.

Back