1000lb bench

I would rather have a max bench of 100 pounds than look like that.
crazy.gif

If you notice, Genes elbows do never lock out, if the judges know this (and the head judge in this situation is Louie Simmons) then they make adjustments.
He seems to lock out from my view, but its also not aided by the view from the video file.

oh yea, I may as well say it now, if this thread turns into a complaint fest about the shirt being cheating and/or technique of the lifter, or even just abusing his 'style' I will just delete it anyway..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Dec. 11 2004,4:28)]oh yea, I may as well say it now, if this thread turns into a complaint fest about the shirt being cheating and/or technique of the lifter, or even just abusing his 'style' I will just delete it anyway..
so what are we supposed to do? Just keep making statements of awe? It's a post about a bench press, which doesn't quite look legit, and we can't comment on it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Dec. 12 2004,11:18)]so what are we supposed to do? Just keep making statements of awe? It's a post about a bench press, which doesn't quite look legit, and we can't comment on it?
Legit to who's rules?
the federation he lifted in? becuase he got 3 whites for that lift, therfore there is NOTHING anyone can complain about that lift.

Getting into the usual commentary on cheating, belly pressing etc is an utter non-issue that doesnt need another rubbish thread going on about it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Dec. 11 2004,10:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Dec. 12 2004,11:18)]so what are we supposed to do? Just keep making statements of awe? It's a post about a bench press, which doesn't quite look legit, and we can't comment on it?
Legit to who's rules?
the federation he lifted in? becuase he got 3 whites for that lift, therfore there is NOTHING anyone can complain about that lift.
Getting into the usual commentary on cheating, belly pressing etc is an utter non-issue that doesnt need another rubbish thread going on about it
No offense, but the HST board has always been about open communication. If people want to talk about the merits of belly benching or that paritcular lift, I don't think it's our place to tell them that they can't.

Im meaning a typical arguement into gear being cheating, belly benching being cheating, blah blah blah.. if somebody wants to do that, they can go to Goheavy and get into flame wars there.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] the HST board has always been about open communicatio
it has also been about an evidence base, and the evidence in this example is three white lights, and you should never judge a lift from a video to a large extent...

or people start making large assumptions, much like your deadlift videos
laugh.gif
Im not saying to drop all discussion on it, only if the stupid arguements about the legality of the lift that travels around the world everytime a video is provided on the web.

Looked alright to me, and I doubt you many people lifting really heavy lift too different to that.

One of the guys I train with is a power lifter and he lifts some massive weights (not quite that tho), he grips really wide, has a big chest and short arms so it looks like his range of movment isnt too big, but thats the way you have to be built to lift that heavy. You aint gona find a 6"6 11stone (thats really tall and skinny for you Americans) guy lifting that kind of weight with a massive range of motion.

+ You see loadsa people in the gym lifting tiny weights with bad form, so its a bit harsh slagging him off.

shirt or not thats some massive weight there. These guys train hard and have some serious dedication to do that.

personally I'd like to see what these guys can do raw but if the contest allows shirts then you'd have to be foolish to not use one.

btw this guy is kinda strong too
tounge.gif

http://www.scotmendelson.net/video.html

Personaly, Id rather look better then that guy in the first video then say I can lift 1000+ pounds. But to each his own. I guess if you could lift 1000 pounds at least you can "push" the more physicly looking fit guy on hs @$$. LOL

Outiei

For those that thinking benching in a shirt is cheating, I suggest putting one on. You wont get a magic 200 pounds out of it the first time. Chances are you will be put into pain you have never felt before. The whole time training in the shirt knowing that if you just 'slip' out of the groove the bar could be thrown directly into your face.

I have brusies and marks on my shoulders and back from weeks ago. I've had blood come out of my legs putting on a pair of squat briefs. Its not fun, its what we do and its what we love.

Kc

Back