First 5x5 cycle

I do normal warmups once I am into the classical lifts as well, i just do a variety of warmup movements before I even get to squatting..

work for back, shoulders/chest, triceps, posterior chain, abs etc then i get onto the squatting or the benching with normal warmups

I`m going to move my Wed. workout to Thurs. or Fri. and then move into deloading. I am fairly injury prone, even with extensive warming up so I have no problem quitting while I`m ahead and in this case, I`m well ahead in terms of mass gains even though that wasn`t my ultimate goal. I`ve already learned this lesson the hard way and a couple missed workouts certainly does beat the heck out of a 3 week layoff. I`ll come back to bench in deloading. Thanks very much for the input everyone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (savagebeast @ Oct. 10 2005,5:03)]goal220,
I've also been doing 5x5 and I had the same problem a few weeks ago with my shoulder hurting a bit from bench pressing.  Also, my ankle and knees were starting to act up as well.  For my shoulder, I just started doing some of the exercises from Eric Cressey's Cracking the Rotator Cuff Conundrum.  I don't follow sets, reps, or tempo schemes in the article, I just do 1 or 2 sets (that's total sets, not sets for each of the 4 lifts in the article) of 15 reps with a pretty light weight after I've finished the rest of my workout.  So just pick an exercises from the article and do a set or two at the end of your workout.  Sometimes, if I'm really drained at the end of the workout, I'll do a set or two at my place just using some light dumbbells instead.  
And as far as sore knees and ankles, I started doing 1 set of both leg extensions and seated calf press at the end of my workout, using a really light weight and getting 15 reps.  
Doing these few extra sets at the end of your workout doesn't take much out of you, and ever since I started I've had pretty much no more joint soreness.
Savage,

Thanks for the link although I don`t know that I have a cuff problem. I have accute pain at the top most portion of the acromium process. As I do front squats I think I may have caused a bruise on the bone itself. Whether or not that`s possible I don`t know but that`s what it feels like anyway.
I think I`ll throw in some of those excercizes at the end of my workout just to be on the safe side.

I also used to have knee pain but suprisingly I seem to respond quite well to A#$ to grass squats. I also do some knee rotations and hip rotations in addition to light warmups before lifting to get things lubed up so to speak before squatting. Hopefully, it`s just a bruise and nothing more. Appreciate the response.

Back