Do your friends ever get mad when you don't drink?

VIPER

This actually pisses me off. I drink very sparatic, and when I do, of course I have a great time. I also have a great time when I'm not drinking though. I have decided that I don't really feel like drinking any more. There is just no need you know. It hinders your gains if done to often(which I don't), but even then it doesn't have any benefits. I like being fit AND actually healthy. Every time I say I'm not drinking I get some rediculous attitude from my friends like I'm going against a religion or something. I don't know if I'm just growing out this scene or what. I'm only 22 years old, I don't know whats wrong. Anyone else experience this?

I've experienced it since I was in college, and I'm 47 now. My friends might give me crap about it on that night, but over time virtually every single one of them has come to me at some point and said they admired me and wished they had my discipline. Don't get me wrong ... I had my share of fun. But the drinking basically stopped when I was 18. I found I softened up after just a few nights of drinking. You know, just that little softness around the navel that didn't used to be there. Believe me ... You won't get anywhere near my age before you'll notice the beer bellies on all your buddies and wonder when they will wise up. I've always told everyone that I can have just as much fun as they do, but I have an advantage ... I can remember it and enjoy it again the next day! You'll be fine, Viper. Good luck!

I used to drink but only on weekends. I would drink pretty heavily though. I found that I would lift all week and then flush all the gains I made that week down the toilet when I drank on the weekends. I just decided that it wasn't worth it too drink anymore. You have to think about your priorities. What is more important to you; your friends being mad over petty #### or all the @$$ you will be getting when the ladies see your great physique?

i actually just made a new years resolution to only drink on special occaisions. i just turned 25 and binge drink way too often. it has hindered my gains for too manhy years now. im 6'1 206lbs @ 15% bf. i always wonder what i where i would be if i moderated my drinking more.

good for you guys for stopping younger!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (battlechaser @ Jan. 07 2006,10:07)]What is more important to you; your friends being mad over petty #### or all the @$$ you will be getting when the ladies see your great physique?
Haha, I hear you man. I am 20 years old and in college. I binge drink a lot with a prime example being last night.

Do I give people #### for not coming out and partying with me?

Yes.

Do I give them a hard time and make them feel bad about it?

No.

You live once.

Fortunately for me I am obsessed with health & fitness. More importantly I am young, so my gains aren't hindered by the ridiculously horrid amount of alcohol that goes into my body.

Party like a rockstar!
wow.gif

-Colby

Thanks guys for all the good responses and funny ones, haha. I never used to have to much of a problem going out and drinking, I just think I'm totally get over it. I had a blast in Vegas in spetember for one of my firneds birthdays. I don't think many people could have topped that weekend. So much weird and awesome stuff happened that doesn't even seem believable. I just think I'm going to mellow out on the partying. Yesterday for example, was my friends birthday party and that was nuts. I didn't drink at all, and was one of the few sober people there last night. We were taking care of drunk friends half the night, and then the cops came because it was too loud. Oh yeah and on the way to the party there was a sobriety check point. The cop asked me where I was going and where I was headed so I told him to a birthday party and he looked at me weird like I had been drinking or something. Then, he asked me to follow his finger while flashing the light in my eyes without moving my head. I obviously passed with flying colors, but it didn't start the night off right at all.

Back