Body Solid

Sonny

Does any use Body Solid Equipment?
I have a Bowflex XTL with everything on it that sits in the corner and I’m going to sell it and get something else.
I was looking at the Body Solid Full Cage. I like the in home lifetime warranty.
It appears to be a very versatile piece of equipment with plenty of add-on’s.

Im looking at a Bodysolid WPR78, which is the cheaper rack they offer.
I have heard nothing but good things about the rack, a few people i Know have them and love them

I havent heard anything about hte pulley attachment, but I still plan on getting that as well.

Same Rack for me . I just seen a new one on Ebay for $230
shipping included .
With one of those I can do my benching and squats without a spotter and get better results out of my workouts I think .

I don't have their cage but I do have their seated row (not the cable row but the one with the independent arms) and it is top quality.

I'd recommend against the WPR78 because TDS (www.newyorkbarbells.tv) and Powertec (www.powertec-fitness.com) both have racks for similar prices but with more features, and the same lifetime-on-everthing style warranties

The only real flaws with the WPR78 is the number of adjustment holes for the spotter arms. It has only 18. The powertec has 22 and free dip bars ($50 value) and a cambered chin bar (which is good or bad depending on preference), the TDS rack (http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/92563.html) has 28 and olympic plate holders. The TDS rack though has no expandibility for a lat attachment.

I'm not sure how much adjustment holes matter to you guys though.

however if you found a WPR78 for $230, that's a steal right there.

I own Body Solid equipment. It is of very high quality. The lifetime warranty is also comforting.

Over the years I've purchased exercise/weightlifting equipment from dozens of manufacturers for my home gym. Body Solid has proven to be one of the best.

But that is for their Smith Machine, high and low pulley, pec dec, lat pull equipment, etc. where sturdiness and smoothness of operation are important.

With free weights and a power rack/cage, high end quality isn't that much of a concern. As long as the unit has enough peg holes and is strong enough to hold weight safely and securely.

But if you ever plan on adding attachments with moving parts, i.e. those mentioned above, then Body Solid is probably your best choice for a home gym. You may also consider Northern Lights Fitness, http://www.nlfit.com/ . They're in Canada and also manufacturer high quality stuff at pretty good prices.

Back