Is it ok to do this??

I

imported_davewins

I'm new to HST and I am about to start this week. My question is regarding triceps and biceps. I understand that it would be ideal to work the triceps and biceps for a total of 6 sets at the end of the week so 2 sets monday, 2 sets wednesday and 2 sets friday. My question is can I do for say triceps 1X15 close grip bench and 1X15 tricep pushdowns or would it be better to just pick one exercise??

i now stick to one exercise so i can watch the poundages increase throught the cycle so i know what my rep maxs are.

Dave

Although it is ok to do what you want to do, it is not really profitable!

Better to do one exercise (skullcrushers) and maybe introduce a second or evenb a third one when you reach the 5's or negatives as metabolic stress inducers.

<div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 21 2006,02:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dave

Although it is ok to do what you want to do, it is not really profitable!

Better to do one exercise (skullcrushers) and maybe introduce a second or evenb a third one when you reach the 5's or negatives as metabolic stress inducers.</div>
Would it be ok to stick with either tricep pushdowns or close grip bench?? In my old routine I was doing 3x10 close grip followed by 3x10 tricep pushdown and I had great results. My triceps definetley seemed to improve. Would it be ok just to pick one of these instead of moving over to skullcrushers??

Back