injured shoulder, what to do...

jwbond

my right shoulder has been bothering me since the end of my last cycle. i did not sd at the end of last cycle since i am cutting. i thought it would repair itself during the lighter weights of the 15s. i was wrong...

i am now nearing the end of the 10s and i am starting to realize that i wont be able to make the weights for certain exercises for my 5rm due to the injury.

my routine:

mwf:
incline bench
weighted pullups
leg press
shoulder press
leg raises

tue/thurs:
dips
rows
stiff legged deads
calf raises
db shrugs
preacher curls
tri. ext.
crunches

i switched from incline bench to flat, which has made a HUGE difference. there is no pain on flat at all. however, i realized today i can't even do 15lb db shoulder presses as a warmup and my 10RM is 80lb dbs!

my question is do i continue with the cycle using flat bench and taking out the shoulder press or do i sd for a week and start back at the begining of the 10s?

my flat bench 5RM is 275 and i am afraid that what is not hurting it now will by the time i get to the end of the 5s.

anyone have any suggestions? i have a workout in 3 hours and want to figure out what to do...

i am thinking i just need to play it by ear and listen to my body, but would like to hear input from others on it so i can make the best educated decision possible on a coarse of action.

Sorry JW

Two things you can do:

1 - Lay off exercises that are hurting your shoulders and go by feel from there!

2 - If the pain persists, even though you are trying to avoid direct shoulder work (this does not seem to be the case) then yep SD and get that shoulder fixed!
biggrin.gif

Back