HST Web Site and Forum Down Time

HST Admin

Hello everyone!
Please note that Feb. 10th through Feb. 28 we will be performing various maintenance activities on the web site and forum.
We may experience brief outages during that time.
Thank you in advance for your patience.

What sort of changes are we looking at? I see a color change, but anything noticeable to use like a find new posts button? ;)

The board is way faster to load now. It's going to save me about 100 hours a year!
smile.gif
I'm sure the cosmetic stuff will be sorted soon. Thanks Bryan et al.

It is a lot faster. I miss the old template though, I hope that gets restored. Also, there are a few errors still. Some posts that used quotes from other posts don't display proper or at all in some cases. I'm sure it'll all get sorted eventually though. I've done these kinds of overhauls on other sites before, it is a lot of fun.

We've made some major changes that will help in the long run. Had to change databases (dbm>mysql) and we also upgraded to the latest version of Ikonboard. That's why the skins are different. Not only that but I've moved to a new server and ISP.

Hopfully the board will be more stable and more responsive now. Go ahead and report any errors you might experience here in this thread.

-bryan

I'm getting a lot of Server 500 errors when I try to post this evening.

It seems like the post has been rejected but if you try again you receive the same error. In actual fact, the post has been successful. I see others must have been having the same problem too as there have been several repeat postings.

<div>
(Lol @ Apr. 02 2006,18:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm getting a lot of Server 500 errors when I try to post this evening.

It seems like the post has been rejected but if you try again you receive the same error. In actual fact, the post has been successful. I see others must have been having the same problem too as there have been several repeat postings.</div>
Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is...

For now, copy your post in a Word doc or something as a back up and just assume your post went through. It apears that the post is going through ok even though the error message comes up.

I have receiving no new posts from all marked forums - Topic Tracker

Current Subscriptions
: Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)
: HST FAQ
: Strength-Specific Training (SST)
: General Training
: Basic Training Principles and Methods
: Anything and Everything about dietary supplements
: Diet & Nutrition

what has happened ??

<div>
(ZMT @ Apr. 05 2006,08:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have receiving no new posts from all marked forums - Topic Tracker

Current Subscriptions
: Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)
: HST FAQ
: Strength-Specific Training (SST)
: General Training
: Basic Training Principles and Methods
: Anything and Everything about dietary supplements
: Diet & Nutrition

what has happened ??</div>
The same thing has happened to me. There are some bugs floating around and I'm trying to get them sorted out.

The makers of Ikonboard have officially abandoned the project. This has made it difficult to get help...

I know it would be a pain to have to change things around again so soon after the last overhaul but how about using phpbb? It seems to be well supported (as it's open source) and it's being used by a lot of sites. I think Dan's using it for his Max-stim site? I'm about to use it for one of my own projects but as I haven't yet I can't give first hand experience.

phpbb site

<div>
(Lol @ May 12 2006,09:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I know it would be a pain to have to change things around again so soon after the last overhaul but how about using phpbb? It seems to be well supported (as it's open source) and it's being used by a lot of sites. I think Dan's using it for his Max-stim site? I'm about to use it for one of my own projects but as I haven't yet I can't give first hand experience.

phpbb site</div>
Well, if things continue to be so glitchy I'll be changing to a different board. PHPBB is certainly one I'll consider.

Back