best exerxises per muscle group?

style

hey i just wanted to see what the consesus is on best exercises for each muscle group, I think I know what most people in this forum would agree on and it might answer some noobies (including me) questions.

Best exercises

Whole body deadlifts
Legs squats
back weighted pull-ups
chest dips/ incline d bell bench
shoulders military press/ rear lateral raise
tri's dips/ skullcrushers
bi's pull ups/ incline d bell curl
calves donkey raise

For back, I think it is important to make a distinction between width and thickness, or muscle groups in the back if you want to go that way. I think weighted chins alone are insufficient for back development. If I had to pick one over the other, I would choose BB bentover rows first, since they also hit the lats when performed properly and seem to contribute much more to back thickness (for me anyway) than chins. Of course, I always do both, so...

Legs, you should seperate between quads and hams as well. Squats are great for quad and glute development, but leave something to be desired when it comes to hams. Probably the best hamstring exercise would be glute-ham raise, but I prefer good mornings or SLDL.

Chest, agreed, dips are the way to go. Shoulders, agree with military press. I don't hit my calves directly very often, so I have no idea what the best movement for those would be. Bi's, definitely weighted chins.

Cheers,
For me my full-range squats have worked well for my hams and calves as well but I'm sure SDLD is better.

Revised list

add

hamstrings SDLD
back weighted pull ups/ bb row

Back