Results

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
I

imported_drpierredebs

As a scientist, I can appreciate the references to primary literature wherein one can read about increased translation of hypertrophy related mRNA and increases in Protein production.

All this means nothing to the average Joe trying to lay on some muscle.
Anybody truely interested in the connection between physiological stress and alterations at the molecular level will go to the source and study. This is regardless of their level of scientific education.

Since the results of the gym and weight lifting is very VISUAL, I find a surprising LACK of photos of before and afters.

What gives?

Sekt88

Sorry, let's go pay a bunch of people to get way out of shape like muscletech does, then get back into shape using HST real quick, post the before and after pics with testomonials ghostwritten by some professional writers (as you'll see on other sites) and call it good.

Seriously though, I think plenty of people have posted pics. They aren't all in the results thread, but they are around. As for the other people... well, some are probably shy. Remember, we aren't all comfortable with our bodies, otherwise we wouldn't be trying so hard to change them.
I'd post a more recent pic myself, but I'm around 13% bodyfat right now, so I'd rather wait until I cut down.

pierre agree with everything tot says..also even though you know what to do not everyone has the willpower to do it (you can lead a horse to water etc) if you are doubting HST give it a try and see if it works for you then post some before and after pics
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Mar. 07 2006,10:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">pierre  agree with everything tot says..also even though you know what to do not everyone has the willpower to do it (you can lead a horse to water etc) if you are doubting HST give it a try and see if it works for you then post some before and after pics
biggrin.gif
</div>
I am in the first week of 10´s.

I wasn´t bitching, just wondering.

I have my B4 pics.

By the way, my reply wasn't meant to be scathing or anything. Hope you didn't take it that way. Just a joke.

Hey

I have some pics, just not before/afer and...I was not posing, rather doing something....

Will do though as soon as I have camera.

Agree with Tot...many are shy, but there is quite a bit of pics, not all before/after...

Be patient and they will start coming.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 07 2006,19:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(faz @ Mar. 07 2006,10:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">pierre  agree with everything tot says..also even though you know what to do not everyone has the willpower to do it (you can lead a horse to water etc) if you are doubting HST give it a try and see if it works for you then post some before and after pics
biggrin.gif
</div>
I am in the first week of 10´s.

I wasn´t bitching, just wondering.

I have my B4 pics.</div>
hope it works for you ..good luck
biggrin.gif

I guess what I am trying to say is that HST as it is presented on this website and Forum is like reading a scientific paper with no results. One can talk about workout schedules and exercises and theories, but with no proof,  this website is like every other which makes claims as to the effectiveness of their respective programs.

Take almost any high impact journal and pull out a scientific report.
You read the introduction, the materials and methods, the results and discussions.
There are also figures, tables and in many cases, pictures of altered cells, tissues of whathaveyou.... With out these the paper would first of all never be published.

Okay, HST is not a paper. But there are some grandiose claims made by followers and some very  interesting claims made by the HST elders. None of which are backed up by any visible results.

Belief is not knowledge

This is a detriment to HST, which by the way I use and I can see and feel its effects on my body after only three weeks. But I would still like to see some of the results, the massive results that are promulgated by the HST elders and other followers.

This is not only for my benefit, but all those who lurk and wonder....where is the beef?

Some much research into the basic literature has been put into HST, but barely none into displaying RESULTS DATA which in the case of Hypertrophy is VISIBLE INCREASES IN MUSCLE SIZE.

Three people I have pointed this website to have all said the same thing to me:
Great ideas, good references but in the end the most prominent aspect is the sale of supplements. And forget the shipping costs  if you live outside the US which nearly double the price of the product which in the end is not that much different than anything else on the market. ( THe only supplements I use are Amino Acids before, during and after training with weights as well as on the bike)

Please don´t flame me, I am trying to do a service for something I think is very interesting for body building and strength training in general.

I actually disagree that the lack of &quot;pictures&quot; on HST are detrimental. I find that testimonials don't mean much at all. If you read any of Mike Mentzer's books he talks about guys who put on 50 lbs in 2 weeks and uses them as &quot;results&quot;. In the age of steroid use that we are in now, who is it to say that the picture of the person that you are looking at made such dramatic results because of HST or because of some exogenous substances. If you stay on here long enough and track guys through their HST cycles you will see those &quot;results&quot; that you are looking for. I remember guys like Chiefhog, Totentanz, myself and many others posting their results and putting on over 20 lbs. in a relatively small period of time. Pictures dont mean jack, if you want pictures to measure how effective something is go and buy a muscle and fitness magazine. According to Ronnie Coleman he looks the way he does because of NO explode and Marcus Ruhl looks the way he does because of Lipo 6.

I also agree that you dont see as many pics on here because guys simply dont want to put pictures of themselves with their shirts off all over the internet. Sure I have pictures of myself at 169 lbs and then pictures at 197 lbs. but I dont necessarly feel comfortable posting them onto the internet.

BTW dont worry about the flaming, everytime someone says that the thread becomes some of the best conversations we get on here, thats what the forum is for...

Joe G

<div>
(Joe G @ Mar. 09 2006,12:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I actually disagree that the lack of &quot;pictures&quot; on HST are detrimental.  I find that testimonials don't mean much at all.  If you read any of Mike Mentzer's books he talks about guys who put on 50 lbs in 2 weeks and uses them as &quot;results&quot;.  In the age of steroid use that we are in now, who is it to say that the picture of the person that you are looking at made such dramatic results because of HST or because of some exogenous substances.  If you stay on here long enough and track guys through their HST cycles you will see those &quot;results&quot; that you are looking for.  I remember guys like Chiefhog, Totentanz, myself and many others posting their results and putting on over 20 lbs. in a relatively small period of time.  Pictures dont mean jack, if you want pictures to measure how effective something is go and buy a muscle and fitness magazine.  According to Ronnie Coleman he looks the way he does because of NO explode and Marcus Ruhl looks the way he does because of Lipo 6.  

I also agree that you dont see as many pics on here because guys simply dont want to put pictures of themselves with their shirts off all over the internet.  Sure I have pictures of myself at 169 lbs and then pictures at 197 lbs. but I dont necessarly feel comfortable posting them onto the internet.

BTW dont worry about the flaming, everytime someone says that the thread becomes some of the best conversations we get on here, thats what the forum is for...

Joe G</div>
HST is presented as the result of scientific research or intense digging through the literature, thus requires some sort of proof. If pics and testemonials don´t mean jack then why bother.

At the very least ONE well controlled study with careful measurements and PICTURES should be presented. This should include at least 12 subjects.

I want to see some proof in the form of Hypertrophy. I am not talking about anything other than natural training so I won´t comment on the steroid , NO and Lipo6 usage. 10 kilos of new body mass within two weeks is either the result of steroids or a massive tumor growth. I have never heard of anything approaching a static 10 kilo increase within 4 months, naturally, through resistance training.

The HST founder makes claims, it would be nice to see what he claims in the form of hard visual data which is the visual end result of HST. The results at the molecular and physiological level have their proofs in the myriad of published reports, manyof which are performed on ex vivo muscle biopsis taken from non human mammals.

Heres a 14 pound LBM gain in 7 weeks. Most noticable in my arms on the first pic. I cary a little fat so its hard to see gains in some areas. My arms blew up though. I am just starting my second cycle and I will be posting pics again. I can't wait to see the difference.

I will always take before and after cycle pictures and i also measure every 2 weeks. I have no problem posting my pics.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....t=11212

You'll see my 1 year before and afters in July. I already have my 6 months in the results. Face excluded of course. I'm extremely happy with my HST transformation thus far.

<div>
(Sun-Tzu @ Mar. 09 2006,17:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You'll see my 1 year before and afters in July. I already have my 6 months in the results. Face excluded of course. I'm extremely happy with my HST transformation thus far.</div>
Nice 6 months of work you have put in. It really shows how hard you have been working.

Great results man.... keep it up. I look forward to seeing your 1 year pics. :
biggrin.gif

Regarding pix of members, maybe what should be done is start a thread of ONLY members pictures (with some stats). If done it should start with instructions on &quot;how to post a picture&quot; (I have no idea either). I have seen many comments from members not knowing even how to accomplish this. Perhaps more would post pix if they knew how to &amp; that though they were in a thread where they would kind of &quot;blend into the crowd&quot; so to speak.
Just a thought since there is not a dedicated section for this.

Omega

Back