Hoodia Gordonii - Appetite Suppressant - P57

jwjpilot

<span style='color:black'>I saw this about 2 months ago and have been doing a little research on it. It looks amazing!

Hoodia Gordonii is a cactus that grows in the Kalahari desert, P57 is the active appetite reducing compound.

I can't find the original study that was done to prove a 1000 calorie reduction in food eaten, but a lot of sites mention it.
It was done by a Pharmaceutical Co. (Phytopharm) so maybe they don't release them.

Basically they took obese volunteers, half they put on a placebo and half they put on P57, the Hoodia Gordonii extract. Then the only thing the volunteers could do was watch TV, read newspapers, and eat. The ones on P57 ate a 1000 calories less than the placebo group.

Here are a couple of reputable reports on Hoodia Gordonii - P57

BBC Report

BBC Report

I would love to get my hands on some of this, but I can't find any company I would trust that sells it. :confused:

I am actually thinking of growing the cactus myself, if it is as effective as purported it would be worth it. My own little diet drug farm. :D

JWJ</span>

As far as I know this drug is not even through the first test phase and won't be on the market for at least another 5 years.

Aparently, it can remove all feeling of hunger as well as stimulate your sex life. Just think about the cardio you could be doing while dieting ?? &quot;Fuxk weightloss&quot; would be the ideal campaign
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I can't find any company I would trust that sells it.
Do you mean trust the effectiveness, or the bad side effects? or something else? I did a simple google search and a few different products came up, is it worth trying now or like lars said wait 5 or so years or what? If it has no side effects, i'd try buying it now to see how effective it is...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedrivethruguy @ Feb. 24 2004,4:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I can't find any company I would trust that sells it.
Do you mean trust the effectiveness, or the bad side effects? or something else? I did a simple google search and a few different products came up, is it worth trying now or like lars said wait 5 or so years or what? If it has no side effects, I'd try buying it now to see how effective it is...

I mean trust that it is real Hoodia.

I have often heard of supplements not having in them what is claimed. Hoodia has the added trouble of only having a small and limited supply.

Plus the fact I can't find any supplement co. I consider reliable that sells it, like Twinlab, Solgar, Standard Process, Now, Metagenics, Systemic Formulas, Natrol, etc...
That makes me think it is simply not readily available, or else these companies would be on the bandwagon.

But those are just my reasons, I'm pretty cynical that way.

I'd like to hear how it works for you. If it works for you I'll buy it.

And no I certainly don't want to wait 5 years for it, and then pay Pfizer prices.

JWJ

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedrivethruguy @ Feb. 25 2004,7:35)]If it has no side effects, i'd try buying it now to see how effective it is...
Getting the real thing is extremely hard, as export is banned (if I'm not mistaken)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jwjpilot @ Feb. 25 2004,8:05)]Plus the fact I can't find any supplement co. I consider reliable that sells it, like Twinlab, Solgar, Standard Process, Now, Metagenics, Systemic Formulas, Natrol, etc...
That makes me think it is simply not readily available, or else these companies would be on the bandwagon.
It isn't available. Some people sell it on the black market, but testign is not finished...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lars @ Feb. 24 2004,6:29)]Getting the real thing is extremely hard, as export is banned (if I'm not mistaken)
Lars now that you say it, I think you are right about that. However it seems as if the cactus itself is readily available.

JWJ

If it helps, I live in South Africa and could try to get some info on the availibility locally and abroad...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (henk8 @ Feb. 25 2004,9:00)]If it helps, I live in South Africa and could try to get some info on the availibility locally and abroad...?
That would be wonderful!
Please let us know what you find.

Many Thanks
JWJ

Back