Creatine during SD?

Gladiator

I was wondering whether I should continue to take creatine during the SD period before I start my first HST cycle.
Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes, you should continue to take it. It takes longer than 2 weeks for your levels to return to baseline.

Thats funny cause I always thought that creatine is absorbed better during workouts. Hence Bryan's recommendation to take it before exercise. Since you're not exersicing during SD, shouldnt the dose at least be minimized?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (foozballking @ Dec. 24 2003,12:57)]
Thats funny cause I always thought that creatine is absorbed better during workouts. Hence Bryan's recommendation to take it before exercise. Since you're not exersicing during SD, shouldnt the dose at least be minimized?
Muscle creatine stores are either full or not. Reuptake does improve with exercise. Don't worry about playing around with dosages. If your SD is 9-14 days then just take 5g every other day and don't worry about it. The net loss of creatine from muscle stores is around 3g for the average trainer (weight dependent). There is a study @ pubmed for reference if you like. I am too lazy to dig it up right now. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve McDermott @ Dec. 24 2003,8:56)]Yes, you should continue to take it. It takes longer than 2 weeks for your levels to return to baseline.
Why is the fact that it takes longer than 2 weeks for the creatine levels to normalize, an argument for taking creatine while SD?
I understand creatine helps produce ATP and stimulates growth when combined with traning. But when you're taking a two week break, -what do you gain by keeping creatine levels high? Why shouldn't you also take a break from creatine, and continue with creatine again when you start your next cycle?

Back