What are some good tasting protein powders?

s7e

Currently I am taking GNC 100% Whey Protein. It seems to be a pretty good deal when you buy two big ones (buy one get one 50% off) and use the GNC gold card.

I take the GNC whey once or twice a day for some protein and for pre-workout with my creatine.

My bro gave me some Myoplex Deluxe that I have been taking post-workout. And it is GREAT. It is some of the best tasting stuff I have ever had. But, its a but pricey. Costing about 3x as much per serving compard to my GNC whey.

Does anybody know of any good powders that taste good and are well priced? Im not a big fan of chocolate, unless it is mixed with something. (peanut butter and chocolate)

Lemme know what you guys think taste good and is well priced.

Ok, I'll be the first to say it.
tounge.gif

PRIMER and DRIVER form HSN both taste great and are great quality. I know you said you don't like chocolate, but the tastes aren't overbearing at all. Try it you'll like it.

Steve

Yeah, HSN proteins are very good. You get micellar casein in Driver and fast-absorbing whey hydrosylate in Primer. They both taste good, which is amazing considering Driver has a little fish oil in it, and Primer contains hydrosylates. (Try Surge -- which is probably the best-tasting pure hydrosylate product out there -- to see just how nasty it can taste.)

Another very tasty protein MRP is Muscle Milk. It's not strictly a "protein" powder, since it contains a few carbs and quite a bit of fat. But it tastes very good and comes in a variety of interesting flavors (root beer float, for example).

I've actually taken to mixing HSN with Muscle Milk. MM really is a good alternative to milk. Just use a scoop of each in water. Good stuff. And I'd think it would be ideal for keto dieting.

its funny how everyone thinks muscle milk tastes all that great.
crazy.gif
Personally it taste like a bunch of sweet and low mixed in protein to me. hehe your preference over mine.

I must admit HSN is pretty good compared to the other stuff out there ek
crazy.gif
... it tastes like Grow from Biotest which is one of the one of the better tasting protein powders out there. I heard optimum whey is good price to quality wise. So give that a look.

I'm currently trying the PRO-PEPTIDE protein supplement from the Dorian Yates Approved company.

The 'creamy vanilla' flavour is good - a bit malty, but certainly better than many that I've tried recently.

Oof, I was actually wanting the HSN P&D combo, but I dont want chocolate.

What are some good slow digested protein powders? I need something for post workout.

Hi Steve,
Slowly digested protein: i buy "Protifar Plus", made by Nutricia in the Netherlands. I know that Nutricia cy. export a lot of their products ( especially milkpowder and babyfood ) around the world. Not sure about this proteinpowder though.
Label reads: 100 gram powder
370 calories,
88.5 gram protein
less than 1 gram carbs
less than 2 grams fat
water less than 6 gram

Product contains skimmed milkprotein , lecithine,
calciumorthophosphate.
In Holland i pay 8 Euro ( around 8 USD) for 225 grams.
It doesnot have any taste. just add whatever you like to give it taste.
Pity though the transport charges of Primer/Driver are so high. Otherwise one sure extra customer in Holland.

bye
andré

I've been using Irontek Essential Protein powder. Only 25 bucks for 5.5 lbs, and the vanilla tastes pretty good and mixes well. I just blend a pitcher up every few days and am good to go. It blends easy enough just by shaking it up or some vigorous stirring. Avoid the chocolate, though, its got a nasty aftertaste....

The only other stuff I can compare it to is the cheapest powder GNC sells...which tasted HORRIBLE compared to the vanilla Iron-Tek.

Here's the nurtional info for one scoop (29 grams):
Calories 120
Calories from fat 20
Total fat 2 gr
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 55 mg
Total carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 gr
Sugars 3 gr
Protein 22 gr

Designer Protein, chocolate or vanilla flavour! :)
Tastes best with skimmed milk, but is still very palatable with water...

Philboy

Slow digesting protein, but not chocolate. Try this homemade version:
6 oz. skim milk
6 oz. water
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
6 frozen strawberries (or Strawberry Quick for sweeter version)
Blend together in blender until smooth.
Tada! Cheap, protein loaded drink.
You can also buy milk and egg protein powder, but it tastes kind of crappy.
By the way, I use HSN P & D. I also drink one of the shakes I described above once a day.

Another great choice is Bomber Blend from davedraper.com. A mix of whey and casein, plus some other interesting ingredients...no added carbs or fat, so you can adjust it as you see fit. Reasonably priced too. Comes in chocolate and vanilla, neither too sweet. I like this more than any other I've tasted (I also like Grow and Muscle Milk).

It is my experience that you generally get what you pay for. You may find a great deal on protein powder (for example, using Google, I found a great deal on 5 lbs of Optimum's 100% Whey Protein Powder for 22.85 .. see link below), but cheaper powders may not be as kind to your stomache if you are HIGHLY LACTOSE INTOLERANT. Also, there is no guarentee that they will taste good.

Through trial and error, I have discovered Ultra Size by Beverly International. This is a mixed protein drink that I read about in Jeff Everson's Planet Muscle mag and so far, I really, really like it.

This protein powder is a bit like Muscle Milk in that it has added fats (4 grams per scoop), the protein blend is a good one (Milk Protein Isolates, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg White Protein, Hydrolyzed Beef Plasma), and I have experienced NO GAS PROBLEMS even after using 4 scoops per day.

Normally, the Ultra Size sells for $45 for a two pond container, but I have found a site on the web that sells it for 28.95, with free shipping for orders over $20!!!

http://store.yahoo.com/vitaglo/bin004.html

If this is still too much money, the link for the Optimum whey protein is:

http://www.planetdepot.com/ProductBrandList.asp?ManufacturerId=14

Good luck

I have used alot of the above mentioned ones also. One I am using now that has a great taste and mixes well just in water with a shaker bottle as opposed to a blender is Labrada Pro-V 60 Vanilla (also in Strawberry and Chocolate). It has 60 g. Protein, 12 g. Carbs, 1.5 g. Sat. Fat, and tastes great. I am going to be getting some of Syntrax's Isomatrix. I have read and heard (from people using it) alot of good things, and with it's blend of proteins and aminos, it seems like a good post w/o alternative also (23 g. Protein, 2 g. Carbs, 0 g. Sat. Fat). Like others, I think Grow is also a good choice. HDT's 5+1 Whey Protein is a good choice for some also, since it is Lactose Free. I use HDT's ProBlend 55 instead, which gives 55 g. Protein, 7 g. Carbs, 1 g. Sat. Fat, and is a protein blend using fast and slow acting protein sources. ISS Research's Pro M3 is another one I have used and plan to again. It is a blend of Whey, Casein & Egg Albumin, and has 50 g. Protein, 3 g. Carbs, 1 g. Sat. Fat.

I hope to get some P&D soon, no one carries it up here in Souterhn Ontario, but am checking into Canadian suppliers.

StoneSour.
happy.gif

I like Designer Whey Vanilla, Vanilla Praline and Chocolate.

I make this shake and it is gooooood:
1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey
1 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
1 frozen banana

Hey, but I just bought some Primer and Driver to try
worship.gif

Elle

()))---()))

Back