Protein Factory

The Rose

I usually buy Penta Pro from the Protein Factory. It tastes good. I think their prices are excellent. Anybody else bought product from them?

yep, i usually buy 4 pounds
cfm 40%
ion 30%
520 20%
360 10%
one of his competitors bought some of whatever mix and had it analyzed. the results were way less then expected, and the guy that owns protienfactory seemed to cry like a baby with lawsuits and the whole kabang. so a little bit later the competitor said that a big customer from proteinfactory sent out another sample and they came back with much better results. as a scientist i can tell you i think the study was flawed, there was no blind test, and the samples from both cases could have been tampered. you can read the saga at proteinfactory sample thread. in any event, althought the guy that owns proteinfactory seems like a bit of jerk, the product have worked well for my needs.
thanks for the badwidth,
ephman

Even before the disputed testing, I suggested ordering the powders separate and mixing them yourself. I am just not confident that someone getting paid $7/hr cares enough to make sure the ratios are as exact as I would like them.

Although, if you planned on ordering one of their pre-mixed mixes, then I tend to think that would be more safe than asking for a specially mixed batch created just for you.

I have used the protein factory for over a year now and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

If the "testing fiasco" as laid out on the bodybuilding.com website concerns you in the least, simply don't customize your mix. Have them send you all of your proteins in individual bags, and then measure them out as you see fit.

Another site that you may want to try is

http://www.proteincustomizer.com

They are a fairly new outfit and their prices are a bit cheaper then the protein factories. They don't, however, have the protein factories wide variety of proteins.

good luck,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (job561 @ Jan. 14 2003,10:40)]Another site that you may want to try is
http://www.proteincustomizer.com
They are a fairly new outfit and their prices are a bit cheaper then the protein factories. They don't, however, have the protein factories wide variety of proteins.
good luck,
they seem to come pretty close though in terms of having a diverse enough selection. i just gave them a try, we'll see how it turns out. definitely a bit cheaper than proteinfactory, which i've nonetheless been satisfied with in the past.

I belive that Lil Popa Pump is on to the right idea. The biggest problem seemed to be with the carbs, most all tested out with more carbs than listed.

ok, got my order from proteincustomizer ("PC" henceforth). i think they do a better packing job than proteinfactory ("PF"). but PC's whey seems (i'm guessing) to be cheddar derived whereas PF's is now mozarella, which is whiter and supposedly (they claim) tastes better. PC's stats for their version of micellar casein is also of lesser protein content, but dunno if that's a typo on their website. and finally, IMHO, PF's vanilla flavoring tastes better than PC's.

BUT... it was a big order and i saved quite a bit of cash buying from PC instead.

EDIT:
whoops, the part about differences of whey sources only seems to apply to the plain whey concentrate, and apparently not the isolates

yeesh, i should shut my trap sometimes...
crazy.gif
never mind about that discrepancy between PC and PF in the protein content % of their micellar caseins. i read it all wrong.
blush.gif
they seem to be the same.

Back