48 hours

Joe.Muscle

I was just curious If you are already fairly lean....is there anything you can do say 48 hours before a contest or main event that will help you look more defined...any special diet or ways of eliminating water or sodium.

I think alot of pros will cut water. using diuretics, or just not drinkin several hours b4 the competition...

then load up on sugar to get that vascular look b4 they step on stage...

could be wrong but i think this is something that goes on.

Sodium loading - this is how Delbert Hickman did it;
When I returned from Virginia, I decided I would prepare for the 2000 NPC Ohio Governor's Cup. For this show, I incorporated sodium loading and more posing into my final preparations. In increase posing from 15 min to 1/2 hour each day to 1/2 to 1 hour each day for 3 weeks prior to the show. The importance and benefits of posing was always taken lightly. It did however teach me a valuable lesson. I achieved greater striations and conditioning than ever before. I also tried sodium loading by maintaining the same sodium intake as normal until the final two days. At two days out, no sodium was added to any meal. At one day out, sodium was completely eliminated. The day of the show, moderate sodium was added at each meal. Also, during the final three days, my water intake was reduce by 25% all the way until the day of the show. The day of the show, water intake was on an as-needed basis and sipped only.

I came in to this show with my skin shrink-wrapped to my muscles.

You'll have to read every label - to ascertain your current level of sodium intake, or alternatively add salt to everything for a couple of weeks, cutting it out as above 48hrs prior to the show/beach... and don't forget the ol' glass of red wine

Back