ABS Diet Question

mmhasty

I'm just starting HST. My question is what type of diet is best. I'm relatively new to weight lifting (2 months). So far I've been following the circuit training methods in the book. I'm more interested in gaining muscle. With the Abs diet I'm eating 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. All of the meals are based around the 12 power foods. I drink a protein shake after each workout, but do not take anything else. Here is a sample of my diet.

Breakfast: whole wheat carb (2 peices of toast or oatmeal), protein (eggs, nuts, or natural peanut butter)

Snack: protein (nuts or fat free cheese) and Fiber (fruit or veggie)

Lunch: Protein (chicken breast, low fat lunch meat, tuna, etc...), milk, spinach salad (low fat sugar free dressing, raisins, unsalted peanuts)

Snack: protein (non fat cottage cheese, non fat yogurt), berries

Dinner: Meat, whole wheat carb, veggie, milk

Snack: protein smoothie

My goals are to add muscle, but loose fat. I go for a run every morning, so I'm thinking about droping the circuit training and going with HST.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm in need of help. I'm tired of being Mediocre.

For HST the diet that is best is one that is hypocaloric. The foods you are eating are fine, but the most basic principle to keep in mind is . . .

To lose fat you must eat below your BMR, to gain muscle you must eat above your BMR.

So, in what quantities are you eating those foods?

I suggest you spend some time reading The Diet & Nutrition FAQ. I refer to this FAQ all the time; it is a fantastic resource.

Back