Advice and suggestions

Fausto

HST Expert
Hey Guys

Who in the site is vegetarian?

I'd like to make the jump some time or other but want to know a little more.

Some obvious food choices and of course the general feel.

But most importantly how does it go with this sport?

I saw a forum a while back for veggie bbers. Sounds quite strange but they do fine by it - or so I've heard. I guess it could be quite easy with supplements but I'm no expert.

Why the choice?

Vegetable protien is always incomplete, so you'll want to mix protein sources throughout the day. Wheat with nuts, for example. Adding eggz and dairy make it much easier, of course than those who go vegan. My wife was lacto ovo for a long time. We both read a book called Diet for a Small Planet. It's kind of a tree hugger/ new age kind of book, but it does a good job of giving protein profiles of a lot of non-meat foods.

Look for Innermusic on Lyle's forum. The same guy used to post here in the past. Anyway, he's a fairly successful veggie BBer.

Some other vegetarian BBers you may have heard of include Bill Pearl.

<div>
(etothepii @ Jun. 23 2006,07:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Vegetable protien is always incomplete, so you'll want to mix protein sources throughout the day.</div>
Pointless information # 501

Vegetable protien isnt really 'incomplete' as is popularly said, its just lower in comparison to the requirements in a couple of amino acids.

The requirements are based around low protein intakes, and once you actually eat high protein there is adequate amounts of these amino acids.

Eggs. Lots and lots of eggs.

I'm not a veggie, but I don't eat beef or pork, and I eat very little chicken (couple times a week).

I do eat a ton of fish &amp; seafood, but I get a great deal of my protein from eggs. I eat about a dozen eggs a day (ratio of 3 whites to 1 yolk).

At Walmart, you can get 5 dozen eggs for $4. Beats the pants off of any of those expensive protein powders.

Back