Another, Next HST Program Critique.

cwc73

Ok I have my last set of 5's next week. I am not wanting to stop because I would like to do another week of the 5's but spring break is coming and I will be home away from the gym, so that is the best time to SD. I will post my current HST Cycle and my presumed next. Let me know if something needs to be changed or any of your thoughts.
Current (Number 1) Next
1. BB Squat 1. BB Squat
2. BB Flat Bench 2. BB Flat Bench
3. Incline Bench
- I want to put
somesize on my
upper pecs for
the shelf look.
3. HamString Curl machine 4. SL DL
- The machine is getting old and
works improperly now.
4. Close Grip Seated Rows 5. CG S. Rows
- My upper back has exploded.
5. LAt Pull Downs 6. Lat Pull Downs
- Also, my lats have outweighed
my chest. In my opinion.
6. BB Shrugs 7. BB Shrugs
- Traps have gotten larger.
7. Reverse Cable Cross Overs for (Bench& Inclines)
Rear Delts.
- I liked them but I couldn't
keep adding the weight.
8. Overhead Tri. Press Machine. 8. Close Grip Bench
- My arms have exploded in circumfrance
but I have almost maxed the machine's
load. Also, I feel that CG Bench would
probably be better for tri's and chest.
9. Seated DB Curls 9. S. D.B. Curls
- Biceps have gotten a lot larger. Great
excersice that allows little cheating.
10. Calf Raises on Machine 10. Calf Raises
11. Abs (Non HST) 11. Abs (Non HST)
So how does this look? What about the Flat and incline Bench? Any recommendations? Also, the order above is the order I do them in. Lets hear it!
Thanks
edit: I didn't have incline in my first go around. By the way, I am unassisted.

:) Things can be pretty quiet on the weekends...

Looks like you are getting great results so far!
thumbs-up.gif

I wonder if there is some way you can add weight to the stack for the overhead tri extensions? Maybe you could switch to one-armed? Machines are great for this... or, can you do skullcrushers? This is a great exercise and I hate to see you drop it when it appears to be working so well.

If you don't have shoulder "issues" you should be fine with both presses. If shoulders start to complain, suspect this BB combo and switch one to DBs or machine. Looks good to me.

Happy hypertrophy!
Kate

So, you think I should stick with the overhead press instead of doing a more compounded lift like close grip bench?

I notice some shoulder sorness in this cycle, but I thought it was from the cable crossovers.

I think I will start by doing both, but if I notice the aching I will cut down on the inclines.

What about switching them up? Flat one day and the incline the next?

I'm just looking for some imput. '
Thanks
Chris

do you people see any reason why I shouldn't, for the remainder of this cycle, go ahead and start doing the incline and SL DL.

It will be light for the most part. Also, I am getting really aggrivated with the ham curl machine because it is breaking. Will the incline hurt the gains?

Looks like a well thought out program. The only change I would consider would be weighted dips with a 10 degree slant for the flat benches. Close grip benches are a good tricep exercise. I also like french presses.

Thanks O&G. JohnnyCoho from elitefitness helped me out with the routine to get me started.

I might try the dips on my third cycle. I'm still trying to bring my tricep press strength up so that I could use enough weight to use increments.

You have any opinions on adding in the new excersices?

Back