Bit of inspiration!

Lol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just came across these vids and thought I'd post the link in case others here are interested in seeing a bit of powerlifting.  Thank goodness I can now lift as much as the strongest girl!
smile.gif

I'd love to know how long some of those folks have been training to get to the kind of weights they are deadlifting.

Also, bench technique is very different to how I do it. Is the arched back thing something all powerlifters do? It's almost as if the range of motion is being purposefully minimised as much as possible.

Pretty darn heavy lifting!

<div>
(Lol @ Apr. 29 2006,14:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also, bench technique is very different to how I do it.</div>
Highly likely

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is the arched back thing something all powerlifters do? </div>To some extent
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's almost as if the range of motion is being purposefully minimised as much as possible.</div>
Yes

Thanks Aaron.

Also, out of interest, do you know if drugs are used a lot in pro powerlifting? My guess is that they are (judging by the size of a lot of the lifters) but I rather expect that they are not supposed to be? Is testing done before an event like it is at the Olympics?

Watching a vid of Jeff Lewis squatting over 1200lbs is jaw dropping. I would hate to be his size but I can't help respect his strength. I would be crushed like a fly!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ May 02 2006,14:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks Aaron.

Also, out of interest, do you know if drugs are used a lot in pro powerlifting?</div>
there no true pro powerlifting, but there are some meets that offer (and dont always pay) prize money.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My guess is that they are (judging by the size of a lot of the lifters) but I rather expect that they are not supposed to be? </div>some federations do not test, so its more than likely that the lifters are on, but not always.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is testing done before an event like it is at the Olympics?</div>the main federation in the world is the IPF, which follow the WADA drug testing guidelines set up for the IOC. But there are multiple federations who follow their own set up. Not all are tested.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Watching a vid of Jeff Lewis squatting over 1200lbs is jaw dropping. I would hate to be his size but I can't help respect his strength. I would be crushed like a fly!
biggrin.gif
</div>
FWIW Jeff also was suspended from the IPF for doping... but hes a big big big strong boy.

Back