bodybuilders physique + celebrities

charr

Hello.

Has anyone ever built a body builders type physique using HST and natural? I've seen photo's of Brian Haycock and no offense but he doesn't seem to have a great deal of muscle considering these principles are so effective.

Also how do movie stars such as Chris Hemsworth (thor) and Hugh jackman make such rapid changes in physiques in such a short time. I haven't yet seen any truly impressive physiques from HST. Granted photo's are difficult to find. Is there any one who has built a physique like nate green for example using HST?

Thanks

Chris

You do know the difference between what a natural can actually, realistically achieve, and what someone on AAS can achieve I hope? Many naturals have unrealistic expectations these days due to the widespread usage of AAS. Couple this with the fact that so many people use but do it in secret (for obvious legal reasons) skews what many people think of as realistic for a natural. With celebrities, they have access to personal trainers, someone making all their food and all they do to prepare for a role is that. They don't have a 9 to 5 job to follow while trying to alter their physique. They also have access to a lot of drugs and experts who can plan out the drug usage to maximize their effectiveness. Additionally, hollywood effects can easily enhance the look of their physique in the movie compared to what it actually is.

Regarding Nate Green, according to the internet, following a bulk, Nate Green's stats were as follows:

Neck 15.38
Shoulder 49.25
Chest 44
Upper Arm 16
Waist 32.25
Hip 39.5
Thigh 24.25
Calf 15.38

Certainly close to his genetic limits assuming he does not have unusually large wrists or ankles. He definitely looks like he's got bigger quads than a mere 24.25 inches but we will assume those stats are correct.

Here are my stats from back in August 2012 since I didn't feel like digging up more recent ones.

Chest 44.75
Bicep 16.2
Forearm 13.5
Neck: 17.5
Thigh: 26.1
Calf: 17

Granted he is quite a bit shorter than I am, so those sizes look a fair deal better on his shorter frame. But his physique doesn't sound extraordinarily special to me and based on his pictures, certainly looks attainable for anyone using HST.

Hello.

Has anyone ever built a body builders type physique using HST and natural? I've seen photo's of Brian Haycock and no offense but he doesn't seem to have a great deal of muscle considering these principles are so effective.

Also how do movie stars such as Chris Hemsworth (thor) and Hugh jackman make such rapid changes in physiques in such a short time. I haven't yet seen any truly impressive physiques from HST. Granted photo's are difficult to find. Is there any one who has built a physique like nate green for example using HST?

Thanks

Chris

Take drugs then since we are all such skinny, nerd bastards here following HST naturally. No years off my life if you do. This site is probably not for you!
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, very dumb question, HST will not turn your physique to IFBB PRO level, are you crazy?

If you look at HST main site you will see that Boris Kleine used HST principles, but to reach that level of bodybuilding you need massive amounts of drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for an interesting read check out this thread http://thinkmuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?41989-Interesting-amusing-thread-PG-13

It links you to an other forum which is more about IFBB PRO type people. They talk about what drugs they use, how much and the effects. On about page 40 there is a youtube video of one young (and hated) up and comer. Frankly that life is not for me and that type of physique is not attainable without the supplements they are using.

As far as actors, how did Christian Bale, Daniel Craig, Tom Hardy etc bulk so quickly? I don't know but using natural methods, not being a genetic freak (I mean this in a good sense) and having a responsibilities outside of eating sleeping and working out...you simply cannot expect to attain more than 15-25lbs of lean muscle within your first year.

Take drugs then since we are all such skinny, nerd bastards here following HST naturally. No years off my life if you do. This site is probably not for you!
Good luck.

Again not trying to cause any offense here. Just tired of trying everything and not getting the results I want (I have done 3 cycles of hst).

I'm not expecting to look like some freak of a bodybuilder but there are lots of naturals out there with really impressive physiques and I don't see HST giving people those types of gains. Here is a mate of mine from the gym http://opmassive.com/store/articles_detail-6-lang-1.html. He has always been natural and swears that the only way to build muscle is to do slow reps TUT etc. He physique is very impressive for a natural.

Bryan Haycock's physique isn't that impressive from what I can tell considering he developed HST.

Thanks

3 cycles of HST? So that's around 24 weeks plus SD weeks, say six months. How long had you been training before that?

Simply put, what exactly are you not getting out of it that you want?

I've always wanted to develop an impressive physique but eating and training just gets me fat. After 3 cycles of HST I was expecting more. I have been training around 12 years and usually stick to a program for 1 to 2 years. A physique like Nate green or Vin Diesel has been my goal but I never get any true muscular development.

According to Bryan Haycocks writing HST is supposed to be the fastest way to cause hypertrophy where you can see "significant gains" within just a few weeks.

Last edited:
After 12 years of consistent training you really should know your stuff and have developed good size and strength. If you haven't, something is definitely amiss.

If you don't mind, can you list some stats? Eg. Body weight, PRs in the main compound lifts. Any issues/injuries that you are working around?

Stats?

With twelve years of lifting, you should be at your genetic max. If not then most likely your diet is to blame.

For point of reference, I've been doing hst for roughly eight years. I can deadlift almost three times my weight. Check out Lol's PRs, he's been doing hst basically the same amount of time, been crippled at one point and had to take time off due to health issues, yet still is strong as hell. Check out Sci's log and nativetroutbum, both have made excellent progress this year using hst and proper diet.

Again not trying to cause any offense here. Just tired of trying everything and not getting the results I want (I have done 3 cycles of hst).

I'm not expecting to look like some freak of a bodybuilder but there are lots of naturals out there with really impressive physiques and I don't see HST giving people those types of gains. Here is a mate of mine from the gym http://opmassive.com/store/articles_detail-6-lang-1.html. He has always been natural and swears that the only way to build muscle is to do slow reps TUT etc. He physique is very impressive for a natural.

Bryan Haycock's physique isn't that impressive from what I can tell considering he developed HST.

Thanks

How can you tell? I have never seen any pictures of him without a shirt and long pants on. But pictures I have seen of him he looked pretty built with a shirt on and appeared to have a decent "V" taper.

Here's an older pic of Bryan. He looks pretty built under that shirt to me.

sambryn2.jpg

FYI....you are beginning to sound like a troll. HST is a great set of principles to train by...it's not a magic pill.

Bryan started lifted weights at age 8 and has never stopped. He competed in Canada for a while but the stage never drew him in very strongly. However he still trains like a competitor. I saw a picture of him competing in a Canadian contest once, not sure which one, and he was very impressive indeed, especially as 100% natural. I looked for the pic but could not find it. He normally runs at about 10% bodyfat at 5'11' and 220 pounds. Nate Green can't even get there with drugs. As for Green's stats, his upper body sucks big time. At 68, I can even blow the skinny pencil necked geek with the stick man arms away. If you want to be like the T-Nation guys, better be prepared to spend about $15-20 grand on drugs and be willing to knock up to 20 years off your life if you adopt that behavior as a permanent lifestyle. I challenged Chris S. to a photo posedown when I was 62 and he ran away with his thumb up his ass. I used to post on there years ago as "Avoids Roids." Every month they have a new product guaranteed to get you where you want to be. The only guy on there that actually knew something back then was Bill Roberts and he came close to being thrown in jail. I suspect they have the same group of paid contributors that write articles that always tout the products being sold. What a joke.

Honestly get your business/stats/nutrition/history out there. It sounds like something is capping your progress that you are thinking is a non-issue. Worst case you might have body dysmorphia (and you're actually pretty ripped).

Personally, I'm not in great shape but I have lifted fairly regularly for the past two years and I had lifted very regularly when I was younger (early 30s now). I noticed significant changes to my muscularture within a single cycle. For me I had to stop training to failure each lift day, work the muscle every 36-48 hrs, actually count my calories/protein (I had no idea I wasn't eating enough), take a break from beer and get my sleep schedule in order. So for me it was only 2/5 that were lifting related.

Hi Thanks for the responses.

I'm definitely not a troll. I've just always had training goals that I've never come close to.

While I don't have measurements. I'm 6ft 196 pounds with an endomorph body type. I still have alot of fat and particularly store it round the ass which is a curse.

I first got serious into bodybuilding when I was 20 (30 now). I got arnolds bible of modern body building and followed it. I have tried different routines over the years usually 1 - 2 years at a time. Eg 4 day splits, 5 day splits. Volume training. I bought steve reeves book once thinking that to be the answer as he was natural and his routine was unlike anything I had tried which was total body 3 times per week. But all the routines I have followed always focused on the 8 - 12 reps. Feeling it in the muscle etc.

About 2 years ago I started reading the stronglifts blog which seemed like a revelation to me. Strengh is muscle. Heavy weight for sets of 5. So I started strength training. I did strong lifts for 4 months. Tried Chad waterbury style workouts. Other routines that focused on strength as well as lots of eating.

I put on 2 stone in about a year. My top strength PR's where:

Bench 112kg * 7
Overhead press 73kg * 5
Dips BW+ 40kg 5
Squat 123kg * 5
Deadlift 140kg 5

However in all the time all i've seemed to do is get fat. I've lost the 2 stone in about a year and I actually felt slimmer at the same weight before I started strength training.

My arms really haven't grown since I was 21. Also I have no interest in taking drugs

Thats a little background.

Chris

Last edited:
You are never going to look like a bodybuilder unless you use steroids, and have awesome genetics. The best you can hope for as a natural with average genetics is to look lean and fit, meaning you can carry a decent amount of muscle with low bodyfat. If you just want huge size, and being lean and fit isn't satisfying, then you can try to alter your genetics or take illegal anabolics, but there is no magic training system.

HST is a set of principles, and those principles work if applied correctly and with proper diet.

A 300 lb deadlift is something I achieved back when I was small. Something is wrong with your training and most likely your diet as well. You should be considerably stronger after such a long time training.

A 300 lb deadlift is something I achieved back when I was small. Something is wrong with your training and most likely your diet as well. You should be considerably stronger after such a long time training.

Yeah, it sounds like you should diet down to a lean state and start over. Train with HST, get strong and do a proper bulk, counting macros and everything.

Hi Sci.

When I say bodybuilders physique I wasn't really meaning looking like a huge arnold etc. What I mean't was the muscular shape and quality

For example there are lots of guys out there with impressive physiques that aren't competitive body builders. (like nate green for example) Hugh jackman had an awesome physique in the new wolverine. That is more what I'm talking about. I always wanted to achieve a vin diesel kind of body in the movie pitch black. That would be enough muscle and it is the full muscular look i've always tried to achieve. Same as my mate from the gym I posted on the link earlier. My muscle always just seems to look small, week and unshapely.

Totentanz. I only really started strengh training about 2 years ago. That was when I first deadlifted really. Squating and deadlifting has been slow progress for me but pressing movements I have become very strong on quickly.

Back