bryans eating for size

thedon

I posted this before the board was wiped but i've forgot most of it .
at 2500 cals and 310 carbs i see 310 carbs \ 7 meals =44 grams per meal .
Yet meal 3
4 oz turkey
1 med potato
I think a med patato is only 20 grams of carbs.
4 oz chicken
1 Banana
1 banana is 20g of carbs unless you guys have huge bananas over there or eat the skin i don't see 44g.
How come thats only 40g in 2 meals when it should be 44g each meal ??

The suggested meal plan is for a training day. That means because of pre/ post workout carb intake (20 gramsx2) you cant follow the idea of seperating all carbs by 7 equal meals.

It looks as tho Bryan has adjusted other meals (some have more or less carbs) for example 1 cup of rice (meal two) has about 50 grams/ cream of wheat (I dont even know what that is but it might be alot of carbs!)

Anyway, to quote Bryan from the article:
</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Below are some sample diets. THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS. Please don't email me if your 2 cups of rice has 92 grams of carbs instead of 90. These are only examples and none of the food portions were tested in a bomb-calorimeter or anything.
<span =''>

tounge.gif
:D

so it's ok to eat more carbs at once ? i don't need to spead them out evenly throughout all meals ?

Yeah, you can think in terms of meals and snacks.

Say 4 meals and 2 snacks either side of training. And you can follow the same pattern on non training days. In fact, you could have 6 even meals or 3 larger meals and 3 snacks etc. as long as the total cals/macronutrients add up at the end of the day.

I would try and keep some sort of balance between protein/carbs/fat relative to the size of the meal to keep blood sugar more even and to make it easier to track overall calories. Also eating some carbs with everymeal will keep cortisol lower.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Keebler Elf @ Oct. 14 2002,11:56)]cream of wheat (I dont even know what that is but it might be alot of carbs&#33;)
<span =''>
Cream of Wheat started as a homemade recipe in the founder's home. The country was facing a financial panic in 1893 and the Diamond Flour Mill, which was founded three years earlier, was on the brink of closing its doors. Fearing that the mill would shut down, Head Miller Thomas Amidon suggested to the owners that they produce warm breakfast porridge from the middling of the flour kernel. Amidon was sure that this tasty, wheat farina, which he often made at home, would catch on with other American families. The founders looked to the saying &quot;The Cream of the Crop&quot; when naming the breakfast porridge. Since the cereal was made with a part of the wheat that was traditionally thought to be the best part of the flour kernel, they named it Cream of Wheat.

To test Cream of Wheat's appeal, the mill owners allowed Amidon to produce 10 cases and test them with one of their regular flour customers. Since times were tight, Amidon constructed the packages by hand from waste lumber - 360 boxes at a rate of 30 to 35 per hour. To brighten up the packaging, one of the mill owners, Emery Mapes, found a wooden printing plate of a chef holding a saucepot over his shoulder. By the end of 1895, more than 550 cases of Cream of Wheat were sold.

Before long, the Diamond Flour Mill abandoned the flour business to concentrate only on Cream of Wheat. In only four years, Cream of Wheat became so popular that the company had to relocate to a larger plant in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1897.

For more fascinating info about Cream of Wheat, check out www.creamofwheat.com
laugh.gif

Anyway, good stuff, especially with sugar and cinnamon on it.
thumbs-up.gif

I dont think we have it! I have never seen it anyway. Although it is probably hidden away with all that 'vege sausage' in a tin etc. You know that part of the supermarket where everything is covered in dust!
laugh.gif

Back