Buying Fish Oil, help...

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Tom Treutlein, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Tom Treutlein

Tom Treutlein New Member

http://www23.netrition.com/hfts_ultra_omega3_fish_oil_page.html

I want to buy fish oil. I know it's better from the body oils, rather than the liver. I use Health From The Sun's flaxseed oil from that same website. Their descrip. of the product says:

"Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil is extracted from fresh deep sea cold water fish and is derived from fish body oils, not fish liver oils."

Should I trust this? Does this product look good? I've heard antioxidants and vitamin E should be present to sustain the life of the EPA/DHA in the fish oil, but I don't know how true that is.

I just want to make sure I don't waste my money! [​IMG]

2. Elle

Elle New Member

Health From the Sun is considered a reputable brand in the fish oil world. [​IMG]

A small amount of vit. E is used to stabilize the fish oil as it oxidizes quickly.

3. Bryan Haycock

Bryan Haycock Administrator Staff Member

Yep, should be fine Tom. [​IMG]

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

I have some Nature Made Flax and picked some Fish oils from Costco. Does anyone have an opinion on these?
    I eat a decent amount of fish, canned tuna and fresh salmon (beni of being in the NW + Costco has awesome deals on various fish)
    I need to do more fat research! LOL
    Sphinx.

5. Zack

Zack New Member

Why not regular flax oil?

Anyone address this?

Zack

6. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim New Member

The only practical source of EPA/DHA is fish or fish oil.

There is still controversy over the efficiacy of the conversion of ALA to DHA/EPA in the body and circumstances that might impair such.

Personally, I take about 2.5g of EPA/DHA via 6g of fish oil and also take in about 1.5 tbsp flax oil. I end up with sat/mono/poly fats at about 15g/50g/25g.

7. mmccar

mmccar New Member