Cardio during SD?

Grassman

Is cardio advisable during SD? Or do you have to turn your back completely away from the place? Aslo should i keep the protein intake high during SD. This will be my 1 st cycle(been lifting for 2 & 1/2 yrs so i,m curious and wan to get everything right. It'll feel wierd not going to the gym for 12 days aaaahhhh!!!
crazy.gif

Same here. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with two weeks of not lifting.

I'm thinking of doing just cardio and abs.

Ideas?

This time I took 2 weeks off instead of 9 days. It went pretty well, but then again I've been on vacation. The only thing I did was walk the boardwalk of a beach in NJ. But not for exercise, just some light walking. I think the way I got through it was to be on vacation though. But I really recommend a full 2 weeks off.

Yes, i seriously hope that the cardio and abs are still allowed in SD, hopefully somone will clear this up soon.
Cheers

I'd like to hear some knowledgeable input on this one too! I'm just starting a 12-day SD, and I'd like to hit the cardio hard (running & biking). I don’t want to sacrifice deconditioning my legs if those activities are potentially detrimental to future gains.

Apologies for not being an authorative source of information but intuitively I would not worry about the effect of cardio on legs deconditioning as presumably the effects of cardio versus the effects of resistance training are very different.

Otherwise you wouldn't have to train your legs at all when working out, you could just rely on cardio.

I'm sure that if size was your goal to the detriment of all esle then doing the minimum with your legs (i.e. walking up the stair when you have to etc!) would be most beneficial in terms of deconditioning but personally I value my cardiovascular health and also want to lose some fat during sd so will be combining hiit and steadier cardio workouts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jboy @ July 10 2003,5:06)]I'd like to hear some knowledgeable input on this one too! I'm just starting a 12-day SD, and I'd like to hit the cardio hard (running & biking). I don’t want to sacrifice deconditioning my legs if those activities are potentially detrimental to future gains.
As far as biking is concerned, I'd keep yourself in the lower gears if possible and avoid hills and whatnot. I'm not doing HST (or anything) for my legs until I get used to biking, I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (robefc @ July 11 2003,9:08)]Apologies for not being an authorative source of information but intuitively I would not worry about the effect of cardio on legs deconditioning as presumably the effects of cardio versus the effects of resistance training are very different.
Otherwise you wouldn't have to train your legs at all when working out, you could just rely on cardio.
I'm sure that if size was your goal to the detriment of all esle then doing the minimum with your legs (i.e. walking up the stair when you have to etc!) would be most beneficial in terms of deconditioning but personally I value my cardiovascular health and also want to lose some fat during sd so will be combining hiit and steadier cardio workouts.
I would have to agree with this

I believe the body is very adaptable and if you're doing cardio during HST there's no reason why continuing it during SD should make a difference b/c cardio effects on the body become the norm. resistance training is what builds the muscle so you'd be deconditioning the muscle from resistance work.

just kep the protein and calories intake up during SD if it's Bulking you're after
thumbs-up.gif

Point to note though - Cardio increases the amt of calories you burn in a day, and to Bulk you need a surplus of calories so during HST eat plenty food and stick to pre & post Workout Shakes
thumbs-up.gif

Back