Dumbbell Curl 1 set
Triceps
Close Grip Bench 1 set
Lying Tricep Extension 1 set
Forearms
Monday: Behind the back Curls 2 sets
Wednesday: Plate Pinch 2 sets
Friday: Dumbbell Hold 2 sets
My question is, would doing two different bicep/tricep/trap/calf exercises be more benficial than doing 2 sets on one exercise? I am not trying to "hit all the heads" as brought out in another thread, but add variety.

Pick one of the shrugs, one of the bicep curls, one of the calves, and one of the triceps (preferably the extension). Doing both motions for each muscle group is unnecessary.

With muscle groups as small as those, doing two motions doesn't help and only increases the number of RM's and weight progressions you have to keep track of. A large pain in the hiney.

Also, for stuff like squats and stiff-legged deads, bent-over rows and pullups, you may want to balance the number of sets you do for each movement.

-Calkid

By the way, I checked out your website. dang! You have an awesome physique for any age, much less 17. It's good to have you on the forums.

-Calkid

So, I have to wonder, Beast - with a physique like that, in such a short time & at your age, why are you changing things and going w/ HST? Bored??

Thanks bro. Yes, I wanted to try something new. I have been training MAX-OT style for the past year. Before that, similar stuff. It's time to switch things up. I had previously looked at HST over a year ago, but I did not read about it. I just say the 3X a week full body workouts and said "screw this." I didn't take the time to read all of the principles. But after doing so, I am looking forward to trying this.

Well, good luck with it kid! At over twice your age, I hope someday to have half as nice a build as you have now.
worship.gif
thumbs-up.gif

I think we all may be asking YOU for pointers.. ;)

Anytime. I can't wait to start HST, I find my maxes the week after next. Then taking my SD. THEN I START! I will be tracking everything (girths, weight, caliper measurements). My diet is insanely strict as well. I have 2 other people oing this with me. So We will have the results of three different people.

I would look forward to watching your cycle results progressing. . . will you be keeping an active blog for us here in the forums?

I will be on bodybuilding.com

Pics, girths, caliper measurements every 2 weeks. If you look at my bulking section, it will be like that, but more detailed and precise.

:D Yup got lots of energy right now

Right now, I have more free time because I am not taking any classes, just working. Starting in Sept, I will be back to working, going to school, and writing ;) , so the time and energy will disappear
crazy.gif

Also, I am very meticuous about my diet and keeping records of everything. Hence why I am where I am now.

Looking very good. Great quad development.

I like your articles too, I read some stuff before in that site that didn't impress me that much but your articles were all good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ June 01 2003,11:28)]Looking very good. Great quad development.
I like your articles too, I read some stuff before in that site that didn't impress me that much but your articles were all good.
Thank you.There are so great article at bb.com. There are also some terrible articles. I am tweaking the diet and workout I will use as we speak. I am going to find my maxes the week of the 9th (June), then take 9 days off, then start. I will post a link when the first article is up.

About your routine, how does the weekly total volume and volume per session relates to what you have been previously doing?

It equals out to about the same numbers of sets I was doing per bodypart.
9 for legs, chest, back
6 for biceps, triceps, calves

So it is close to the same, just split up into 3 sessions.

Back