'Cosmetic" question

Pikehunter

Hello. I personally only weight train for the health and the cosmetic benefits; not for any improvements in performance. This being said, my chest has always been a strength and my biceps have always been a big weakness (I just have poor attachments and not-so-long muscle bellies in my bis). I have pretty good symmetry overall, but I tend to be stronger/more developed in the 'push' muscles (chest, tris etc.) and weaker in the 'pull' muscles (back, bis etc.).

To balance this out, I'm not sure what I should do in the context of HST? Doing more for bis per session is really not the idea of HST per my understanding. It's more about frequent, not-to-failure workouts with moderate per workout volume. So, any suggestions on how I can go about addressing this imbalance? Should I stop or limit chest training? Increase bicep volume? I'm really confused as to how to go about this.

Thanks for any help.

Increase volume for muscles you want to focus on and drop back volume a bit on the muscles you just need to maintain. Do this for a cycle or two.

Increase volume for muscles you want to focus on and drop back volume a bit on the muscles you just need to maintain. Do this for a cycle or two.

Ok Tote. Thank you. For a body part like bis where i'd normally do 2 sets of 10 - 3 X week, what type of volume increase would you suggest?

Ok Tote. Thank you. For a body part like bis where i'd normally do 2 sets of 10 - 3 X week, what type of volume increase would you suggest?

My advice would be to do weighted chins and some bi isos; use a stretch-point movement for the isos, like seated db curls where you alow your arms to flare outwards on the eccentric part of the movement.

2-3 sets of chins
2-3 sets of db curls

Heavy deads will stress your bis too, particularly the supinated hand if you use reverse-grip. Alternate hands with each rep to balance the stress on each arm.

Back