Daily Macros Help Please

fullbug03044

Hello, all. I am sort of a newbie to lifting, but have tried it off and on over the years but this year I have begun to really stick with it and enjoy it, along with eating better than I ever have. However, I am having a tough time figuring out my macros and not sure if I am on the right track or not for my goals. I have done a lot of research and come out more confused than going in. Different numbers that can vary from person to person, goal to goal, etc. Or the other end is a basic formula as a general rule. I was hoping I could get some advice specific to my stats and goals and go from there.

Stats:
5' 9" Male, currently at 258lbs. I started at 282 in June. Typical fat guy build. Huge gut and a lot of fat on the back and shoulders.
Current Daily Macros Goals (in grams):
Lift Days: 2500 cals, 200 carbs, 200-250 protein, 60 fat.
Cardio Days: 2300 cals, 150 carbs, all else the same
Rest Days: 2100 cals, all the same as cardio days

On average, I am lucky to be able to handle eating 2000-2300 cals a day, even on lift days.

I have been doing 3 days of 5x5 and 2 days of cardio for 3 months now and lost 24 lbs. and am seeing some gains and cut show through. Now I want to start 2 phases of HST. My goal is to cut fat and build muscle and be sure to eat enough to do both while doing HST.

I am wondering if these numbers are enough? Or do I need to up them when I start HST?

I apologize for the long post, but I really wanted to give as much info as I could in order to be helped the best. From what I have been reading this week, this forum is full of helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable people.

Dave

You aren't going to be able to cut fat and build muscle at the same time with much success at all. You need to focus on one goal at a time. Cutting fat requires a calorie deficit, whereas building muscle requires a calorie excess. Your own bodyfat cannot provide the excess calories to build muscle either, it has to come from diet. So pick a goal. Which do you want to do right now? Cut fat or build muscle?

Back