dukeskywalkers log

dukeskywalker

started HST full body work out post visiting this site about 5 years ago I think, back then there didn't seem to be many forum members infact I'm not sure there was a forum at all. I've spent the last few years trying ,with little success, to highlight the benefits of full body train with little success.

When I 1st started the result were amazing (no measurements I'm afraid) since then I still gain in strength and size however I think I've become very lazy in the way I train i.e. time in-between sets and reps not being adhered to etc…I still progress well but not as well as I could if I really worked at it... Having come back to the HST site and looked at the forum I'm renewed in the passion that HST filled me with way back when. There are so many variations that I didn't think of… Even the idea of doing the 15 reps part for 2 sets instead of 1.

There is so much new information I feel like I've been left behind! After my reps of 5 I usually took a week off as I couldn't do the negatives as I don't have a regular training partner. But there seems to be a new idea of doing a method in which you do 20 reps of you maximum weight with a variety of break times in-between. I can't find it now… can anyone give me a brief synopsis?

Any school boy errors please point them out

Training Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

15's increments of 2kg (no WU, 2 sets; 1 minute rest between sets and 3 minutes rest between exercises):

Bench press Smith machine 80KG
Seated Cable row 65kg
Hyperextension 10kg
Smith machine shoulder press 35kg
Dumbbell Lateral raises 10kg
EZ Barbell curls 30kg
EZ scull crushers 35kg
Dumbbell squats 25kg
Leg extension 45kg
Seat calf raises 50kg

10's increments of 2kg (1 WU, 2 sets; 1.5 minute rest between sets and 3 minutes rest between exercises):
Bench press Smith machine 100KG
Seated Cable row 75kg
Hyperextension 15kg
Smith machine shoulder press 40kg
Dumbbell Lateral raises 15kg
EZ Barbell curls 40kg
EZ scull crushers 45kg
Dumbbell squats 40kg
Leg extension 55kg
Seat calf raises 60kg

5's increments of 2kg (1 WU, 3 sets; 2 minutes rest between sets and 3 minutes rest between exercises):
Bench press Smith machine 105KG
Chins (Weighted) 15kg
Hyperextension 20kg
Smith machine shoulder press 50kg
Dumbbell Lateral raises 20kg
Chins 20kg
Dips (weighted) 25kg
Smith machine squats 25kg
Leg extension 55kg
Seat calf raises 60kg

Doing my bench press on the smith machine with bench at 25/30 degree in order hit the upper and lower chest at the same time.

Last edited:
Back