Forskolin

Steve McDermott

I've been using a forskolin product for about a month now. The verdict is still out, as I have been leaning out, but I have also adjusted my diet to drop fat. Has anyone else tried this stuff, and if so, what do you think?

Steve

Hey Steve, new board is cool, eh?

I tried the Syntrax product, and I really didn't notice any results.

Hey Matt,  

Yeah, very cool board.

I am using the Vitamin shoppe brand, and I'm not sure yet.  It's fairly cheap, so I decided to give it 2 months.  From what I've read, it sounds impressive, but then again, a lot of things sound impressive and turn out to be crap.  
crazy.gif

Steve

For people who may be unfamiliar with Forskolin, here is a brief review.

Forskolin is an extract of the roots of the Ayurvedic herb Coleus forskohlii. Forskolin has been shown in-vitro to increase the level of cAMP in cells. Forskolin-induced elevation of cAMP levels in cells leads to blood vessel dilation, inhibition of mast cells (and hence reduction in allergic inflammation), increase in thyroid hormone secretion, and stimulation of fat release from fat cells. Forskolin has other properties as well, including inhibition of the pro-inflammatory substance known as platelet-activating factor (PAF) and inhibition of the spread of cancer cells. Research into coleus’s other constituents has been sparse. Keep in mind that Sabinsa is making all of the claims concerning Forskolin's effects on body composition. They have a major interest in bodybuilders using it instead of ephedrine. Not that I mind companies educating customers about a product, but they should use peer-reviewed research that is available to the public to do so.

Forskohlii raises intracellular cAMP plays which plays major role in causing fat breakdown and release from fat stores. Companies are adding Forskohlii to weight loss products in order to appease people who don’t want to use ephedrine. What people don’t realize is that Forskohlii acts "post receptor" and therefore is less specific than ephedrine. In other words, Forskohlii does not rely on beta-adrenergic receptors to increase cAMP levels. Forskolin acts on ALL cells with adenylate cyclase, not just those sensitive to noradrenalin. For example, forskolin is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to lower blood pressure. Ephedrine on the other hand raises blood pressure. Obviously the effects are not the same, even though each drug eventually leads to increased cAMP levels in various tissues. Therefore, you can’t rely on Forskohlii only affecting cells sensitive to adrenergic stimuli.

I haven't heard from anyone who has experienced much from forskolin. The old ephedrine/caffeine combination thus far has no equal, even clen falls short.

Forskolin, is it just me who's trying to think up some good jokes? Probably.
wow.gif

Thanks for the reply Bryan.  I have some side effect issues with E/C, so I have to take smaller doses than I would like, but I can tolerate around 10mg/100mg at a time. Did you write an article on muscle monthly about taking smaller doses every 2 hours?  I thought I may give that a try and see what the effects are.  

Dragon,  I can't seem to come up with any jokes right now, but I'll let you know.

Steve

Ya Steve. Smaller doese taken more often work better, and are better tolerated by most people.

10/100 every 2 hours is ideal for fat loss.

That's great to hear.  I'll have to give that a try.  Do you have any suggestions as far as products with that ratio, or should I try and put together my own stack?

Steve

Back