Have you ever tried?

I

imported_gspartan

Hi Guys,

I have been using HST on and off for a few years now. I've had some great cycles. But i was having trouble SD ing for about 8 days. I was looking to try something different. I heard about this program called build your bod 101. The guy's website is www.buildyourbod.net . I haven't tried it yet but from what i hear the results are awesome. If anyone has tried it or heard of it, please let me know as i would like to give it a try.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In my 22 years of training I have never come upon anything like this.</div>

Yeah, well, that may be true, but as there are no training 'secrets' - unless you view a sensible program of progressive loading coupled with consuming above-maintenance cals (with sensible macro proportions) as a 'secret' - Build Your Bod 101 is no more likely to get you better results than any other tried and tested program.

There are already some quite good lifting programs out there that you can pay for if you wish. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 comes to mind and it's only $20.

Up to you though.
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There are already some quite good lifting programs out there that you can pay for if you wish. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 comes to mind and it's only $20.</div>

Darn it, HST's Simplify and Win 3x week is free and will produce results guaranteed, provided you follow the guidelines:

1 - std HST protocol,
2 - 1 - 1.5 g protein p/kg body weight,
3 - A good HIIT cardio program 2x week

Other varieties? Blade's Myorep or Dan's MaxStim.

I would not pay for anything else, there is enough here on this site to feed you, if you look!
biggrin.gif

thanks LOL.

I just went ahead and purchased the program. It's a 3 days a week program and you work the whole body each of the 3 days (like HST). I think i'll start tomorrow and post my results at the end. It's an 8 week cycle, then you just begin over again. It's seems pretty awesome and much more intense than HST.

Hey Guys,

I just started my 2nd week today of Build Your Bod 101. I have to admit, it's friggin awesome. The pump is amazing and i feel and look fuller all over. I will let you know how things go next week.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 15 2009,7:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hi Guys,

I have been using HST on and off for a few years now. I've had some great cycles.  But i was having trouble SD ing for about 8 days. I was looking to try something different. I heard about this program called build your bod 101.  The guy's website is www.buildyourbod.net .  I haven't tried it yet but from what i hear the results are awesome. If anyone has tried it or heard of it, please let me know as i would like to give it a try.</div>
Looks like ridiculous ad copy promising the usual bullshit.

The thing that separates HST from other programs is Bryan's transparency - he explains exactly why he came up with the program he came up with, based on what research, and actually gives it to you for free.

Now, contrast that method to the link you gave. I think you will find a few differences.

I tried to &quot;cheat&quot; and look up threads on the 5/3/1, not wanting to pay for it, but it's not posted anywhere, and I've seen so many say they got results with it, I'm springing for the CD. So we won't go out this friday night. De Nada.

Hey Mikenov,

I don't have a problem with HST, i have using it on and off for a few years now. I've come to realize though that the muscle gains i got were the first 2-3 weeks after an 8 or 9 day lay off, then the gains would stop. It doesn't matter what program you'r on, after an 8-9 day layoff anything should/will work. Not to mention that after 8-9 days off i would lose everything i gained and i looked like i had never trained before.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 23 2009,7:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Mikenov,

I don't have a problem with HST, i have using it on and off for a few years now. I've come to realize though that the muscle gains i got were the first 2-3 weeks after an 8 or 9 day lay off, then the gains would stop. It doesn't matter what program you'r on, after an 8-9 day layoff anything should/will work.  Not to mention that after 8-9 days off i would lose everything i gained and i looked like i had never trained before.</div>
What you might be experiencing is increased intracellular glycogen and water retention during the higher reps. As a result, your gains might slow over a cycle, but you should continue to to see hypertrophy over longer periods of time. Not sure why you would see all your gains dissapate during an SD, unless you're reducing calories...or simply relying on high rep work.

Hey Omega,
The gains i do/did get from HST came the first couple of weeks after taking 8-9 days off. Then i realized that i could go on any program after 8 days away from the gym and make good gains the first couple of weeks. Most programs (unfortunately HST as well) work well for 2 weeks then you hit a wall. 1 program has worked for me for more than 2 weeks. I went on it in 1995 which i used with great results for about a year. And the program i'm on right now (after almost one and a half weeks), seems even better than the first one.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 24 2009,3:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Omega,
The gains i do/did get from HST came the first couple of weeks after taking 8-9 days off.  Then i realized that i could go on any program after 8 days away from the gym and make good gains the first couple of weeks. Most programs (unfortunately HST as well) work well for 2 weeks then you hit a wall. 1 program has worked for me for more than 2 weeks. I went on it in 1995 which i used with great results for about a year. And the program i'm on right now (after almost one and a half weeks), seems even better than the first one.</div>
There is no way you should hit a wall when following any sensible program of progressive loading after only two weeks so perhaps something is amiss. It takes at least that long to induce any long-term effects from weight training. Like Omega said, what you are interpreting as gains in such a short time are likely just intracellular increases in glycogen and water storage. Real gains in fibre CSA come after a longer period of progressive and frequent loading.

What sort of program have you been following? ie. exercises, sets, reps etc. How's your diet? Have you been getting a decent calorie excess to accommodate any potential gains? Perhaps if you wouldn't mind posting your most recent program, it would enable us to give you some more constructive help.

As far as working out an effective long-term strategy for gains is concerned, you could do a lot worse than to read everything you can find by guys like Bryan Haycock, Børge Fagerli, Dan Moore, Lyle McDonald, Mike Tuchscherer, to name a few. These guys seem to be at the cutting edge of training methodology right now. If you want to try something a bit different to HST, Børge's Myoreps and Dan's Maxstim methods are definitely worth a shot assuming hypertrophy is your goal. Similar to what Mikeynov said, all these guys are giving out very valuable info for free. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that this freely available info is of lesser value than what you will find on some pay-to-play site (eg Build Your Bod 101).

The effects you have seen following a 9 day SD are interesting and no doubt significant. Børge recently posted the following on his MyoRevolution forum:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">... presentations at the ECSS also showed that two weeks of rest (after a period of heavy loading) gave an unexpected boost in satellite cell proliferation which was somewhat surprising to the researchers. There was no time-course data, so we do not know whether one week is sufficient, but striking a balance between neural and tissue deconditioning would theoretically make one week a viable compromise (9 days to be more exact, last workout friday, first workout monday the week after the rest week).</div>
Incorporating some kind of SD into your training regimen seems like a smart move.

Thanks Lol,

But so far i am very happy with my current program. The results have been tremendous.

Tremendous progress in one and a half weeks?! Hmmm.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Most programs (unfortunately HST as well) work well for 2 weeks then you hit a wall.</div> Me thinks you really need another few days until you really know how well you are progressing. There might be a wall just around the corner!
biggrin.gif

If you always hit a wall two weeks into a program, then your diet must be a mess and so you'll clearly hit that wall again this time around. I'd suspect there are probably problems with sticking to plans over the long term as well. If you are wanting to make real progress, looking at such a short term as two weeks is a grave error. Instead, you should be using a longer timeline such as six months to judge your gains. I know, I know, my demanding that you stick with a program for six months before switching it up is totally insane. I've heard that many times over the past several months...

Hi Guys,

I've been training for about 20 years now so i know when something is working or not. I've tried mostly every type of training. HST is great for the first 2-3 weeks, and then just good. I've been on one program before where the results were great for the whole year i was on it. The program right now (been on for 1 1/2 weeks so far) seems pretty amazing as well. Onyl time will tell i guess.

Please tell us how the great new secret training method that only costs $39.99 is so different from HST that you now are amazed after 1 1/2 weeks on it. I'm open to new ideas.

I definitely think the routine has been misnamed. Such an advanced method should have been called 'Build Your Bod 301' at the very least.

Wow, and i thought only HIT'ers were close minded. There's a few members on this site who are the same. Face it, HST is an average program at best and i admit it's better than a lot of programs out there. If you're getting good results on it that's great. But if someone tells you they found a much better program, understand that they may be right.
I compared you to HIT'ers but you're almost as bad. I tried Mentzer's Heavy Duty program, and same crap, 2 weeks of good results then nothing. Judging by the before and after pics of a lot of these HIT'ers, someone should tell them they need to change programs because it doesn't work. Even their hero Mentzer never used these techniques. In any case, be more open minded, and don't act like HIT'ers.

Back