Help with my 2nd cycle

Falco

From what I've read, volume is the key to lagging body parts, so I'm trying to get some more shoulder exercises in.

A bit of a genetic thing with all the guys in my family: man boobs, big bellies and no shoulders. Most of the men in my family are very overweight, & I have been able to escape that through strict diet, but I still have the characteristics, especially the ‘overdeveloped’ lower chest. Not real fat like boobs, but out of proportion to the rest of my upper body. I haven’t done flat bench presses in years to try and even everything out. So I want to develop my upper chest, shoulders, tris & upper back to try look more symmetrical.

Here was my first cycle:
Squat
Stiff leg deadlift
Incline DB press
Military press
Lat pull-down
Bent Over row
Bicep curl
Triceps extension
Weighted crunches
Weighted leg lifts

For my next cycle I’m thinking about:
Squat/Stiff leg dead lift (alternate every other workout)
Military Press (lateral raise superset)
Shoulder Shrug
Bent Over row
Lat pull-down
Bicep curl
Triceps extension
Triceps Dips
Incline DB press
Weighted leg lifts

Questions:

Would Dips be a bad exercise since it kind of works the chest too? If so, what else would be a good substitute? Kickbacks? I could also drop them altogther for another shoulder exercise (overhead DB press?).

10 exercises worked well for me time-wise, so I’m cutting out the crunches & alternating Squats/SLDLs to make room for the Shrugs & Dips, & saving time by throwing in a superset. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Looks good. If you are concerned with the dips and want to work shoulders and tri's more try adding in Arnold Presses on a high Incline.

BTW
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]man boobs, big bellies and no shoulders
you could almost make a decent Country Western Song out of that :)

There she was at the end of the bar
and I was just a itchin to hold her
But it wasn't to be, at least for me
cause of my....

man boobs, big belly and no shoulders

holy mackerel- that's fantastic!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Mar. 08 2005,7:42)]Looks good. If you are concerned with the dips and want to work shoulders and tri's more try adding in Arnold Presses on a high Incline.
BTW
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]man boobs, big bellies and no shoulders
you could almost make a decent Country Western Song out of that :)
There she was at the end of the bar
and I was just a itchin to hold her
But it wasn't to be, at least for me
cause of my....
man boobs, big belly and no shoulders
laugh.gif
LOL!!!

Arnold's on an incline?? Never tried that. I've always done them with a straight back. It works the Tris as well? I'll give it a go.

Heh..we have a song writer among us
worship.gif

Falco..you may want add posterior delts to your routine. Best way to get more size to shoulders is to hit them from every angle possible. Also try decline bench presses. I hadn`t tried them in years and dang it felt good
tounge.gif

I think the best exercise for rear delts is the lat pull down, wide grip, done to the base of the neck.

During this current cycle, I'm geting my best shoulder results in the last year using the Smith Machine and going down as far as possible. It prob. involves the triceps a lil as well, but the results are showing on my anterior and lateral delts.

When you get to the heavy stages, make every other(if not every) incline press workout an incline fly workout.

And remember that Arnie has/had droopy man boobs as well. Compare him relaxed to say, Dorian Yates. And hell, look at Franco ....those things are nearly touching his pelvis!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Mar. 09 2005,1:22)]Heh..we have a song writer among us
worship.gif

Falco..you may want add posterior delts to your routine. Best way to get more size to shoulders is to hit them from every angle possible. Also try decline bench presses. I hadn`t tried them in years and dang it felt good
tounge.gif
Decline bech? I would think that's the last thing I want. My lower chest is already out of proportion with the rest of my upper body. If anything I want it flatter, not bigger.

Back