Hi Protein intake

Big Ted

I have recently decided that I'm going to increase my protein intake for a while - steadily up to 350g per day on training days. What would some of you suggest for protein intake for non training days? I am unsure if I should consume 350g on non training days as well, vs take in more carbs those days while decreasing my protein intake. I am 6-0, 200 lbs, down from a strong 250. Still working on getting leaner while building muscle.

I am not there yet, steadily approaching. Currently at ~250g/day - give/take depending on wether or not it's a training day. Reasons why I am considering going up to 350g/day:
1 - I want to develop the most efficient way for me to, if possible, build muscle while continuing to lose more body fat.
2 - I am dieting so I am slowly decreasing my carbs and increasing protein while breaking even or having a caloric deficit. I would otherwise do cardio to burn calories from carbs, but I can't get any cardio in with this program (I don't want to spend more than 45 mins to hour in the gym so that I can save my energy for work).
3 - I have never taken in this amount before. I'm giving it a try.
4 - (I'll add more later)
I'd like to know if I should keep protein levels constant throughout the week, or zig zag pro and carb intake? What are the benefits to this approach or one that you/anyone else have in mind?

generally people here reckon about 1gram of protein per lb of bodyweight split over 3-6 meals everyday is all thats necessary. On workout days you should add your pre and post workout drink (totaling approx 40grams protein) which will up that figure a little. I dont think its necessary to go any further.
But its your experiment.... ;)

Back