How to Setup HST For 6 Days a Week?

MonStar

I tried doing HST every other day, and quite frankly, I am not training frequently enough. Not only do I respond better to high frequency but I felt like I was never in the gym and it was really messing with my head a lot.

I see tons and tons of threads on guys getting good results from 6 days per week, how do you set this up? Full body 6 days in a row? Because then at the 6th day you would be doing your 15RM or 10RM or whatever, correct?

From what I have read I am thinking 2 different full body routines? Maybe workout 1, 3, and 5 would look like this:

Squats
Decline Bench
Pulldowns
DB Overhead Presses
Standing BB Curls
Seated French Presses
Seated Calf Raises

And then workouts 2, 4, and 6 would look like:

Deadlifts
Dips
T-Bar Rows
BTN Presses
Hammer Curls
Skullcrushers
Standing Calf Raises

How does that look?

I do full body 6 times a week, which I find is better than a 6 day upper-lower split.

I use alternate exercises for most of the compound movements - e.g. deads for workout A, leg press for workout B, incline bench for A, flat bench/dips for B etc..

For isolation exercises with smaller increments, I use each increment twice/only increase the weight every second day.

Frequency thread

Go there for more complete info about frequency.

a good recommendation from vicious was that you would increment the same way you would if u were on the original HST program(increments every other day) but you would be upping the frequency 2wice as much as the original. Heres an outline. so basically you would be doing the same workout 2 days in a row and then increment. that would be full body. you wouldn't reach your 15,10,5 RM the same time you would on the original plan. hope that didn't sound too confusing
laugh.gif

After my powerlifting meet, I'm going to cut with something similar to...

A
Decline Bench Press
Rows
Side Delts
Rear Delts
Biceps
Triceps

B
Squat
Leg Curls
Calves

C
Incline DB Bench Press
Chins/Pulldowns
Upright Rows
Biceps
Triceps

D
Leg Press
Romanian Deadlift
Calves

SD, and add more volume as I maintain/bulk.

For cutting, rep ranges will probably be 10-8-6-4, with 2-3-4-4 sets respectively.

Bulking I'm not sure yet.

Looks like you've got a decent routine set up. I tell you, working out everyday is great. The only problem I have is that on my day off (saturday) I sometimes start working out automatically before I realize I'm supposed to be taking a day off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MonStar @ Feb. 26 2005,11:24)]I am going to be training 6 days a week, full body every day. Alternating 2 different routines.
Are you going to be doing the routine you posted at the top?

Good luck!

I tried doing it 6 days a week. I ended up losing strength cause of CNS burn out. PLus, the protein synthesis continues at least up to 36 hrs post workout. I will be interested your results, perhaps it may work if done right.

You have to be careful not to fatigue yourself. I've had no problems with CNS burnout so far, and I'm on my last week of 5s. Just make sure you don't go to failure and if you have to, rest more between sets.

Back