HST newcomer from Argentina!

alonsotom

Hello guys how´s it going?
I´d been going to gym for 9 months now, i have acquired good physique, but im kind of stop in progress now. Im sorry if im not clear, thats cause im from Argentina and this specific vocabulary is very tough for expressing myself.

I would like to post my Routine so you can help me and tell me if its ok.
Thanks a lot.

Weight: 154 (70 kg)
Height: 178cm
BF %: 12

My HST plan:

Squats 2 sets X (reps depending on week)
Stiff Legged Dead lift. 2 sets
Flat barbell chest press 2 sets
Dips 1 set
Pull-ups 2 sets
Bent over row barbell 2 sets
Overhead press (militar press) 2 sets
Lateral Raises 1 set
Shrugs 1 set
Tricep Pulldown 2 set
Bicep barbell curl 2 set
Calf Raises 1 Set

There are 12 exercises total. What do you think? Add or remove some? I want to develop all my body in a Simetric way. (Grow all muscles at the same level)

Again sorry for my english and thanks a lot!

That routine looks excellent. You obviously know how to program HST. Just be sure that you are eating enough calories to gain weight, so your muscles can grow.

Personally, I think triceps Pushdowns are not that great for triceps, as it mainly works the smaller outer head, Try skullcrushers, (lying triceps extensions) the long head of the triceps is better activated when stretched, so any kind of triceps extensions are good, where your hands go to the top of your head when you bend your elbows. There are a lot of different versions of this.

Other than that you have picked great exercises and it looks well balanced.

I would ditch bicep curls and tricep extensions. Biceps and triceps are already getting activated through rows and dips etc. Id do a legpress instead. More balance between lower and upper. Or even leg curls and/or extensions.

I´d been going to gym for 9 months now, i have acquired good physique, but im kind of stop in progress now. Im sorry if im not clear, thats cause im from Argentina and this specific vocabulary is very tough for expressing myself.

Thanks a lot.

My HST plan:

Dips 1 set
Pull-ups 2 sets
Lateral Raises 1 set
Shrugs 1 set
Tricep Pulldown 2 set
Bicep barbell curl 2 set
Calf Raises 1 Set

There are 12 exercises total. What do you think? Add or remove some? I want to develop all my body in a Simetric way. (Grow all muscles at the same level)

This looks okay to me. As far as taking out tri and bi, see how you progress with them in the work out before you decide to take them out. Depending on the development or lack of you can decide to take them out in another cycle. But, if you're just trying to put on bulk do mainly compounds and take all of the isolated exercises out. Then when you get to a weight you like, start doing more isolated to shape and define them muscles with isolated.

Only problem I see with this routine is if you follow the classic hst where you increase sets per 2 weeks, you're volume is going to be too much to handle over a 3 days period of time. Though I don't know which type you're doing, seems like everyone is doing a different version of hst.

Thanks a lot.

My HST plan:

Dips 1 set
Pull-ups 2 sets
Lateral Raises 1 set
Shrugs 1 set
Tricep Pulldown 2 set
Bicep barbell curl 2 set
Calf Raises 1 Set

Hey man, it's been a month so I can only hope your working through your routine and are on your 5's now. More i portant to work out than overanalyse the program.
Anywho, I'm no expert but I too started with 12 exercises and kept at it for a while. Now I've come around to see that fewer exercises doesn't mean you're neglecting something.
I'd suggest:

Squats and leg curls 2 sets OR Stiff Legged Dead lift. 2 sets (alternate)
Dips 1 set
Pull-ups 2 sets
Mlitary press 2 sets
Shrugs 1 set
Bicep barbell curl 2 set
Calf Raises 1 Set

I've removed the extra triceps since you do bench press, dips and military press - all of them hitting triceps.
I removed lateral since Military press and Bench press hits the shoulders.
I'd alternate squats and legcurls with SLDL since they are rather taxing when you're at the 5's.
I like the program though, quite similar to what I've done.

Back