Icelandicdude's log

icelandicdude

Hi i am very new to HST and have put together a plan and i wanted to get your opinion on it

Legs
squat 2 sets
stiff leg deads 2 sets
Chest
incline DB bench 2 sets
dips 1 set
Back
wide chins 2 sets
rows 2 sets
Traps
shrugs 1 set
Shoulder
shoulder press 1 set
lateral raise 1 set
rear delt lateral raise 1set
Bicep
DB curls 2 sets
Tricep
tri extensions behind back whit DB 2 sets
Calfs
calf raise 2 sets
Abs
crunches 2 sets

Far too many exercises mate. This would only be possible for your first cycle of 15's as when you move to 10's and 5's you would have too many sets to complete overall and it would take too long.
Also, stick only to compound exercises to get more out of your all over work out.
How about:
Legs
squat 1 sets
stiff leg deads 1 sets
Chest
incline DB bench 2 sets
dips 1 set
Back
wide chins 1 set
rows 2 sets
Traps
shrugs 2 set
Shoulder
shoulder or millitary press 1 set
Calfs
calf raise 2 sets

This is very similar to what I do and I find the 15's take about 35 mins to get through, 10's about 50 mins and 5's over an hour when focused on just getting through the workout as quick as possible. I also superset my shrugs and calf raises/seated calf raises.

Biceps and triceps will get enough of a workout with the above exercises and abs can be done whenever. If you have time in the gym or on your non training days after a bit of light cardio 30-40 mins.

I'm going to alternate a couple of exercises this cycle so one day do wide grip pull ups and underhand rows, next session do chins and overhand rows, just to get a bit of extra bicep work.

Hope this helps a bit, it's only what most others would say on here.

Back