Just got call from the Doc.

Spyke

Check this out guys. I went to the doc last week for a checkup. I am turing 34 next month and everytime I see him he tells me it would be a good idea to get a full checkup with all the blood tests etc. So after putting it off for a few years, I went in last week.

I told him I had been lifting weights pretty seriously for about the last year. I asked him about my nipples which appear a bit puffy every now and again. I also told him I really feel tired alot and the sex drive is not what it used to be. I asked for a testosterone blood test (as long as they were doing the other blood tests) and he said he really didn't think I had any problems with test but if it would make me feel better he would order it.

The nurse called today to say that they got the results. CBC and all the tests were normal, cholesteral was borderline (have to cut down on red meat) but the normal range for testosterone was 280-800. Mine came back at 172! HOLY ****!

He wants to do the test a 2nd time to confirm but what the hell? I have been making gains which I thought were pretty good and getting bigger. Makes me wonder what the gains would be if I actually had normal levels.
mad.gif

Have anyone else delt with this? I guess if the 2nd test comfirms it he will put me on testosterone.
rock.gif

Scary thing is what would my levels have been if I didn't do HST 3 times a week because they say lifting weights naturally increases them......I'm really bummed right now and feel like an old man.

I know how you feel.. I am 25, will be 26 next Sunday.
I have been on HRT for about 2 1/2 months now.
My test range was in the high 200's.
Which is QUITE low for someone my age. I am supposed to be in my sexual prime..

but I am feeling a little better since starting Replacement therapy.
I can now have sex more than once a month! Woo Hoo!

Rip,

How has the HRT affected your lifting? Are you stronger in the gym? Have you noticed more muscle growth and a drop in body fat?

Spyke

Its a pitty that Old & Grey left us...he could have guided you thorugh this
sad.gif

You are not alone though, the HRT should actually improve your well being as it will just return your test levels to normal, your strength, leannes and virility should go back to normal.
wink.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ May 02 2006,04:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Its a pitty that Old &amp; Grey left us...he could have guided you thorugh this
sad.gif
</div>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Now I really feel old! The guy who could help me here is named &quot;Old and Grey&quot; LOL

Half of me is still pretty upset about this. But I know if he puts me on HRT and gets my levels to the high/normal range that would more then triple my test levels. That would be huge. Like I said, I have been making size gains with HST but I run out of energy in the weightroom halfway through my workout.

I have noticed if I try to lift at night, I am really dragging. It is like I am moving underwater. I have also had some problems with loosing belly fat in recent months. I guess this explains all that.
rock.gif

Is there anything you can do naturally to increase your test levels?
- weight train fequently?
- high EFA intake?
- optimum nutrition?

OLd &amp; grey was 60 odd and lifted some mighty stuff, he was on HRT and he could have given you the horse's mouth report do to say!

Not many guys are on HRT as it is not common, but it can happen then HRT might just be what the doctor ordered! LOL
laugh.gif

I mean it it will surely solve those problems you're having!

Don't get too upset. If you do have an issue with your test levels, then getting on HRT should make a dramatic impact on your attitude and everything else. Identifying the problem this early is good.
If you do go on HRT, push your doc to give you injections of test cyp, rather than using androgel or something else. Transdermal is a poor way to get test in your system and is really wasteful, in my opinion, since such a small percentage of the test is absorbed.
If you go the injectable route, be sure to push for weekly injections, if not injections every 5 days. More frequent injections will keep your levels more consistent. Some docs like to go for biweekly or even monthly injections... but that would put you on a hormonal roller coaster ride. Of course if you learn to do the injections yourself, this would be less of a problem, since I doubt the doctor will want to have to have you come in every week for a mere injection.

HRT is for life, which can be a bit daunting, but like I said... if you really need HRT, than you definitely want it. I've known guys who were having a horrible time in life, once they got on HRT, it fixed pretty much everything for them.
Oh and while I don't advocate this, some of them like to accidentally increase their dosage &quot;by mistake&quot; for 16 weeks or so, before they realize their mistake and bring their dosage back down to what it was supposed to be.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh and while I don't advocate this, some of them like to accidentally increase their dosage &quot;by mistake&quot; for 16 weeks or so, before they realize their mistake and bring their dosage back down to what it was supposed to be. </div>

Tsss, tsss, tsss, legal way hey?
laugh.gif
As long as the benefits are good, anything goes! Watch out for that it can be addictive!
rock.gif

How do people even end up with low test levels in the first place?

Now I wonder what mine is. I actually got worried 'cause my libido isn't always strong, but I think I can contribute that to constant bouts of tantric love making with my hand on a daily basis. What do you guys think?
laugh.gif

I hate needles. They make me cry.

I think low test levels are a lot more prevelant amongst men than we originally believed, and it's just now becoming so commonplace because doctors are actually looking in that area now. I've known and known of plenty of men who had never abused steroids yet were suffering from prematurely low levels of test. That's why I think it is a good idea to get this checked along with everything else when you get your regular checkups.

Yeah I have never used roids. When he did the test I was really expecting him to say I was mid normal range.

I was then planning on stacking DIM anomg with tribulus to help boost my natural test and keep the estrogen down.

I never expected this.

Today we did the 2nd blood test real early in the am. I also asked for a LH and estrogen level test. My concern is that if I go on test, it will shut down my natural production so I would be on it for life. Now if I could bump up my dose once in a while for 12 weeks at a time and get those 18&quot;+ biceps out of the deal then that may be my silver lining. Injections would be my first choice and I will fight for some anti e to go with the test. I have been doing alot of reading on the subject..... Go back to the Doc on monday so I will know more then.

I will keep you guys posted

You may also want to see about geting HCG to prevent testicular atrophy if you do go on HRT. I'm not sure if you can get that by prescription though. It does help prevent quite as much supression from exogenous hormonal usage. An Anti-estrogen might not be what you want to get to go along with the test. An anti-aromatase would be better, to prevent the test from converting to estrogen... however, you may not even need that. If you get into the normal range for test, I doubt aromatisation will be a big issue.

I've seen guys who got on HRT and was amazed at the fatloss, muscle gains they had. Low test is a naturally occuring thing from aging. Mine is low, but not low enough to be andropause (male menopause) so my doc won't give me HRT. I just have to try the trib again, but it didn't seem to work last time I tried it.

Spyke, did you have a decreased libido normally, or did everything seem normal to you? I mean, I know you said you made muscle gains, so that's a good thing, but what about your attitude? Were you always calm, never really aggressive, or were you ever horny or usually just very laidback, problems with erections, etc?

I think everyones about to go and get their test levels tested now
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I've been feeling fairly lethargic this year. The buzz I usually get from training just isn't there and I'm more tired that I used to be (I'm 28 btw). I thought it might be my diet but I don't think I've been easting all that differently.

Maybe its just a seasonal thing ... but I think I will go a have a check up. Its been about ... erm ... 14 years since my last one!
wow.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ May 04 2006,03:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've seen guys who got on HRT and was amazed at the fatloss, muscle gains they had. Low test is a naturally occuring thing from aging. Mine is low, but not low enough to be andropause (male menopause) so my doc won't give me HRT. I just have to try the trib again, but it didn't seem to work last time I tried it.</div>
tribulus is a waste of money try zinc and magnezium ..seperate tablets works out cheaper.sorry wrong quote should have been quadmasters
rock.gif

I have seen no gains in strength per say but I have noticed an increase in fat loss..which is GREAT..

The Therapy just raises my test levels to normal..in the 500's.
But the most important thing is my sexual drive is back..

<div>
(Tom Treutlein @ May 04 2006,01:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Spyke, did you have a decreased libido normally, or did everything seem normal to you? I mean, I know you said you made muscle gains, so that's a good thing, but what about your attitude? Were you always calm, never really aggressive, or were you ever horny or usually just very laidback, problems with erections, etc?</div>
Well when I was in my 20's I could and would have sex as many as 2 times a day (alone or with the wife). I would get horny all the time when watching a movie or hearing a story etc and had the morning wood thing all the time. Now not so much. I have not had any problems keeping it up or anything but the desire that used to be there all the time is way less.

I have never really been an aggressive person as far as anger or fighting. I have always been the kind of person who always had to be busy doing something. Now I just feel kinda sluggish and don't do as much.

Back