Milk n Muscle

Rakko

I was just wondering what some of the more advanced lifter's opinions are on milk. I found this new 'Atkins Milk' that contains 12g of protein, 4g of fat, and really low carbs, like 75% less than regular milk (being compared to 2 percent milk). I am using this as my post work out drink. I'm in the middle of my second minicycle of HST and this is what I have been drinking so far as my post workout drink. I have about 3 glasses of it after every work out. It's alot cheaper than protein shakes and contains tons of protein (36g of it in 3 glasses!. Bryan it would be great if you could take a look at this question. I would also like to hear from more advanced and experienced lifters regarding this subject. I appreciate it.
P.S: It doesnt fill you up or causes gas like regular milk...just in case you were wondering.

Milk is fine. Nothing advanced or technical about it.

Low carb milk is made with milk protein isolate/concentrate. They just isolate the milk proteins and ad it to regular milk to decrease the ratio of carbs. Driver has some MPI in it.

People use protein powders not because the protein is some how superior (at least they should know this) but for convenience and a way to boost protein intake without boosting carb or fat intake.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rakko @ Feb. 22 2004,9:25)]It doesnt fill you up or causes gas like regular milk...
...because obviously it has a lower lactose content. I like milk but I have almost eliminated it because I'm lactose intolerant, as you also appear to be, judging from the symptoms. I can't eliminate ice-cream, though. :)

Back